Please note: this version of Baby's Musical Hands requires iOS 4.1 or higher to run.
Thank you so much to everyone who has purchased and enjoyed Baby's Musical Hands! I'm thrilled so many kids are enjoying this app.
Please "like" Baby's Musical Hands on Facebook to get news about upcoming updates, and my future kids apps: http://www.facebook.com/BabysMusicalHands
This version contains:
- A fix for the audio in the app. Previous versions paid attention to the mute switch, but this caused a lot of confusion. The app will now play music, even if your device is muted. Don't worry, you can still turn the volume down using your device's volume controls, if you want to play quietly.
- New retina iPad artwork
If you're enjoying Baby's Musical Hands, please update your reviews on the App Store after downloading the update. Your reviews mean a lot.
Baby's Musical Hands is an award-winning musical toy for babies and toddlers for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
As a game designer and developer, I love my iOS devices. But as a new father, I realized how much my son loves them too. I decided I could put my experience developing for iOS to use, and build an app for my son to play with. Baby's Musical Hands was born!
--= Awards for Baby's Musical Hands =--
Best Infant App (iOS) - 2011 Best App Ever Awards
Editor's Choice Award - Children's Technology Review
--= Reviews for Baby's Musical Hands =--
"Baby's Musical Hands Is a Magical App" - GeekDad - Wired.com
"Baby's Musical Hands is a great choice to increase the understanding of cause and effect in the youngest app users" - GiggleApps
"...any kid would find the fun in this one" - TUAW
On the iPad, Baby's Musical Hands features 15 brightly colored squares that your baby can touch. Red squares make drum sounds, yellow squares play piano notes, and blue squares play guitar notes.
On iPhone and iPod touch, there are 10 squares to touch. Yellow squares play piano notes, and blue squares play guitar notes.
Every time your baby touches the screen, colorful stars will burst from their fingers. Watch them delight in the audio and visual feedback!
Baby's Musical Hands supports full multi-touch, meaning your baby gets the kind of feedback they expect when touching the screen.
I'd love to hear from you if your son or daughter loves Baby's Musical Hands as much as mine!
Please like the Baby's Musical Hands facebook page to stay up to date on what's new with the app: http://www.facebook.com/BabysMusicalHands
Founder, Streaming Colour Studios
TIP: In iOS 6 or later, you can use your device's Accessibility options to disable the home button, so your child won't accidentally quit Baby's Musical Hands:
- Open your iPhone or iPad's Settings app
- Tap on: General > Accessibility > Guided Access
- Turn Guided Access on
- Set a Passcode (remember what this is)
- Press the Home button to quit the settings app
- Open Baby's Musical Hands
- Triple-click the Home button
- Tap "Start" in the top-right corner of the screen
- The Home button is now disabled
When you are ready to quit Baby's Musical Hands:
- Triple-click the Home button
- Enter your Passcode
- Tap "End" in the top-left corner of the screen
- Press the Home button to quit the app
- January 11, 2013 Initial release