148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: MOTIVATIONAL MUSIC :: Read Our Full Review >>
This little utility helps users build workout playlists that will keep their workouts in high gear.
What's NewUpdated to support 3.5" screen
App DescriptionHailed by The New York Times, The Washington Post, Health Magazine, and Menâ€™s Health. PaceDJ is your music at your pace. It helps you run faster and stronger. Itâ€™s that simple.
PaceDJ is the only app that speeds up or slows down your music to match your running pace AND allows you to create interval workouts. PaceDJ does all the heavy lifting, shifting the tempos of the songs you own on your phone, maintining awesome audio quality. With PaceDJ each song you own can pace you at multiple levels â€“ a massive increase in the usefulness of your music library.
PaceDJ is easy to use, and we offer both free and paid versions. The free version lets you try PaceDJ without BPM shifting or interval training. The full version of PaceDJ removes ads and includes interval training and BPM Shifting to maximize the motivational power of your music.
We don't mean to brag, but hey - check out this awesome feedback from real users:
"I love this app, I use it to crank up speed work for marathon training without my pace conflicting with my music!"
"For distance running, pacing is extremely important! PaceDJ allowed me to find tunes that helped me pace myselfâ€¦ and spend my energy focusing on other things like proper running form. I use PaceDJ on every run."
"I love PaceDJ! I'm training to run my first half marathon. Pace DJ gives me that extra boost of motivation. It gives me the proper speeds I need to stay on pace and even ramp up my speed work."
PaceDJ works with songs saved on your phone.
DO YOU LIKE FREE STUFF? Yeah, we thought so! Visit PaceDJ.com to find and purchase user-generated workout playlists via iTunes that match your exercise pace. Itâ€™s free to use, and we donâ€™t share your personal information. Hot-Diggity!
v2.0 requires iOS7.0 or later on iPhone 4, 4S, 5 or iPod Touch 5th gen.
1. The app estimates your target pace for running, walking, or cycling, which you can modify.
2. BPM shifting (Full Version Only) - change song BPMs to match your target pace.
3. Interval training (Full Version Only- PaceDJ sets interval paces, using music, for your workout.
4. Realtime speed, distance, and workout time tracking.
5. Influence the mix with â€śthumbs down."
6. Include songs at half the tempo and twice the tempo of your target exercise pace.
7. Use PaceDJ Running App while also using a separate workout app (for example Nike+ or Runkeeper).
8. BPM Detection: PaceDJ Running App obtains BPM values for your songs from The Echonest, a database with approximately 30 million songs and 1.5 million artists.
9. Easily correct BPMs by tapping on the drum.
Customer Service: email@example.com
THIS APP AND ANY INFORMATION GIVEN BY IT ARE NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CONSULT YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER BEFORE BEGINNING ANY FITNESS PROGRAM OR ENGAGING IN CARDIOVASCULAR EXERCISE. BY USING PACEDJ YOU CERTIFY THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH CARDIOVASCULAR EXERCISE AND ACCEPT THEM AS YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY. DO NOT USE PACEDJ WHEN EXERCISING ON THE ROADS.
BPM Shifting in PaceDJ is based upon a license of Dirac Time stretch/Pitch Shift technology (c) 2005-2012 The DSP Dimension/Stephan M. Bernsee.
Copyright 2012, Pacing Technologies, LLC
July 08, 2014 New version 18.104.22.168
January 29, 2014 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
November 01, 2013 New version 1.8.3
October 21, 2013 New version 1.8.2
June 30, 2011 Initial Release