148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: MOTIVATIONAL MUSIC :: Read Our Full Review >>
This little utility helps users build workout playlists that will keep their workouts in high gear.
What's NewPaceDJ now supports BPM-shifting! Based on your target BPM, we'll automatically slow down or speed up the BPM of each song from the playlist so that it matches your target pace/tempo exactly. All without affecting the pitch of your songs! To enable this feature, turn on BPM Shifting in Settings.
App DescriptionThe PaceDJ Running App allows you to exercise in sync with the music saved on your phone. THIS APP WILL TRANSFORM YOUR WORKOUT!
The paid version is ad-free and includes BPM Shifting to change song BPMs to match your target - greatly increasing the usefulness of your library!
Visit PaceDJ.com to find workout music that matches your running pace, walking pace, or cycling pace!
v1.6 requires iOS5.0 or later on iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, 5 or iPod Touch 3rd, 4th or 5th gens.
1) FINALIST in Connect Organization's 2012 Most Innovative Product Competition.
2) "New and Noteworthy" healthcare and fitness app, July 2011!
3) walking.about.com 7/17/11: 5/5 stars
4) Appscout.com (PC Magazine) 7/15/11: "The interface is intuitive, so it's a snap to prioritize songs in mixes according to user preference..."
5) Oxygen Womens Fitness(9/8/11): "By running to the beat you keep up your pace as well as your motivation! Pretty cool, right?"
1. The app estimates your target pace for running, walking, or cycling, which you can modify as you need.
2. Use BPM Shifting to change the BPMs of your songs to match your target pace/tempo.
3. Tap “Measure your pace” and PaceDJ Running App will measure your strides/minute. Upload your pace afterwards to PaceDJ.com to find songs that match.
4. You can influence the mix with “thumbs up” or “thumbs down” buttons.
5. Within mixes, you can include songs at half the tempo and twice the tempo of your target exercise pace.
6. Multitasking: Use PaceDJ Running App while also using a separate workout app (for example Nike+ or Runkeeper).
7. BPM Detection: PaceDJ Running App obtains BPM values for your songs from The Echonest (http://the.echonest.com), a database with approximately 30 million songs and 1.5 million artists.
8. You can easily correct BPMs by tapping on the drum.
Customer Service: email@example.com
THIS APP AND ANY INFORMATION GIVEN BY IT ARE NOT INTENDED NOR IMPLIED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CONSULT YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER BEFORE BEGINNING ANY FITNESS PROGRAM OR ENGAGING IN CARDIOVASCULAR EXERCISE. BY USING PACEDJ YOU CERTIFY THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH CARDIOVASCULAR EXERCISE AND ACCEPT THEM AS YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY. DO NOT USE PACEDJ WHEN EXERCISING ON THE ROADS.
BPM Shifting in PaceDJ is based upon a license of Dirac Time stretch/Pitch Shift technology (c) 2005-2012 The DSP Dimension/Stephan M. Bernsee.
April 27, 2013 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
January 22, 2013 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
December 21, 2012 New version 1.7
October 17, 2012 New version 1.6
June 30, 2011 Initial Release