- Additional user feedback when attempting to send an email.
- Image thumbnail update
Every year, thousands of children go missing. The FBI’s Child ID App can help.
This free app provides a convenient place to electronically store photos and vital information about your children so that it’s all at hand if you need it. You can show the pictures and provide physical identifiers like height and weight to security or police officers on the spot. Using a special tab on the app, you can also quickly and easily e-mail the information to authorities with just a few clicks.
The app includes tips on keeping children safe, as well as specific guidance on what to do in the first 48 crucial hours after a child goes missing. Links to additional resources for families and victims are also provided.
Please be assured that no information on your child will be collected or stored by the FBI unless you provide it during an emergency.
Warning: If you downloaded an earlier version of the FBI Child ID app (all versions released prior to 2015), any photos and/or information you previously entered will be lost when installing this update.
Child ID Highlights:
- Include a default e-mail address for your local police department.
- Auto-populate addresses and phone numbers across profiles.
- Add photos for identifying characteristics (birthmarks, scars, etc.).
- Set and send your phone’s location as your child’s last known location.
- iPhone/iPad/iPod compatible
Organize Your Child’s Information
- Create as many child profiles as you need.
- Use your phone camera and photo library to take and upload photos of each child.
- Add and update key identifying information.
Know What To Do
- Get safety tips on keeping your child out of harm’s way.
- Learn what to do in first few critical hours after a child goes missing.
- Visit additional links with resources for families and victims.
Get Information to Authorities in an Emergency
- Quickly call 911 or the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.
- E-mail your child’s pictures and information to authorities.
- Show identifying information to security or law enforcement officers on the spot.
- August 06, 2011 Initial release
- October 20, 2011 New version 1.3
- March 10, 2015 New version 2.0
- April 14, 2015 New version 2.1
- March 14, 2016 New version 2.2
- July 07, 2016 New version 2.3
- November 06, 2016 New version 2.3.1