> Fixed issue with international keyboards when not signed in with Screens Connect.
> General stability and performance improvements.
Access your computers from wherever you are! Screens is a beautiful, yet powerful Screen Sharing and VNC client that lets you connect back to your Mac, Windows or Linux PC from the comfort of your living room, the corner coffee shop or anywhere in the world.
“Screens 3 brings welcome design and features that take advantage of OS X for a VNC app that’s versatile, powerful, and a pleasure to use.”
— Federico Viticci, MacStories
“Screens 3 makes the best Mac VNC app even better.”
— Rene Ritchie, iMore
“Screens 3 is a massive revamping of one of the most popular VNC clients available.”
— Mike Beasley, 9to5Mac
“Screens for Mac is the best remote access solution for accessing our Macs when away from home.”
— Bradley Chambers, The Sweet Setup
“If you ever want to access a computer from your Mac, Screens is the way to do it.”
— Shawn Blanc
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
• Connect from Everywhere
Install Screens Connect on your Mac or Windows PC and make it easily reachable from anywhere in the world.
• Stay Synchronized
Your saved Screens follow you on every Mac or iOS devices you own through iCloud.
• Quickly Connect to Nearby Computers
Initiate a single-shot connection to a nearby Mac, Windows or Linux PC without having to create a new Screen.
• Connect Safely
Screens can connect back to your computer through a secured connection. Enable Remote Login on your Mac and you’re done!
• Easy Shortcuts
Assign key mappings to the most used keyboard shortcuts in order to control your remote computer more easily.
• Display Selection
Do you have more than one display attached to your Mac? Screens supports multiple displays allowing you to always access what you need, no matter which display it is on.
• Pasteboard Support
Send text back to your computer and receive text, images and URLs from it through the pasteboard.
• On Disconnect Actions
Screens can execute special commands before it disconnects from your computer. Execute one of them Hot Corners or get the remote user to log out.
AND FOR THE POWER USER:
• SSH Keys Support
Initiate a secure connection (SSH) with a key, with or without a passphrase.
Launch Screens from URL Schemes like screens://, vnc:// or ssh://.
• Screens in your menu bar
Access your recent connections or discovered computers right from your menu bar.
• A VNC Server, such as UltraVNC or TightVNC, is required to connect to a Windows PC.
• Windows and Linux users are required to configure their router and computer manually to access their computer remotely.
• A SSH Server, such as freeSSHd, is required to create a secure connection to a Windows or Linux PC.
• Pasteboard images are only receivable from a Mac. Windows and Linux PCs can only receive text and URLs.
See Screens’ User Guide for details.
• Screens will not receive any sound from your computer. This is a limitation of the RFB protocol the app is using.
• Screens Connect requires OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard or later. You will need to create a free Screens ID.
- June 15, 2014 Initial release
- August 01, 2014 New version 3.1.1
- August 01, 2014 Price decrease: $34.99 -> $29.99
- August 15, 2014 Price increase: $29.99 -> $34.99
- August 16, 2014 Price decrease: $34.99 -> $29.99
- October 19, 2014 New version 3.5
- September 13, 2015 New version 3.6.6
- September 13, 2015 Price decrease: $29.99 -> $24.99
- September 15, 2015 Price increase: $24.99 -> $29.99
- September 21, 2015 New version 3.6.7
- November 11, 2015 New version 3.6.8
- November 26, 2015 New version 3.6.9
- November 28, 2015 Price decrease: $29.99 -> $14.99
- November 30, 2015 Price increase: $14.99 -> $29.99
- December 01, 2015 Price decrease: $29.99 -> $14.99
- December 02, 2015 Price increase: $14.99 -> $29.99
- December 22, 2015 New version 3.6.10
- December 22, 2015 Price decrease: $29.99 -> $19.99
- December 28, 2015 Price increase: $19.99 -> $29.99
- January 20, 2016 Price decrease: $29.99 -> $14.99
- January 25, 2016 New version 3.6.11
- February 01, 2016 Price increase: $14.99 -> $29.99
- July 07, 2016 New version 3.6.12
- July 07, 2016 Price decrease: $29.99 -> $19.99
- July 08, 2016 Price increase: $19.99 -> $29.99
- July 10, 2016 New version 3.7
- August 20, 2016 New version 3.7.1
- November 06, 2016 New version 3.8.2
- November 12, 2016 New version 3.8.3
- November 24, 2016 New version 3.8.4
- November 24, 2016 Price decrease: $29.99 -> $14.99
- November 30, 2016 Price increase: $14.99 -> $29.99