Screens 3.5 brings many new features and improvements that we hope you’ll enjoy:
- Revisited user interface.
- Cleaner, simpler.
- Screens now support Adaptive Display (Mac), which is much faster and provides a great visual experience.
- Scale down the remote display (Mac or PC) when speed is more important than image quality.
- Connect as a guest user to control someone else’s Mac. (Free Screens Express utility required when connecting remotely).
- As a registered user on the same Mac, ask the owner of the current session to share the display.
- You can now send rich text and images from a Mac to another.
- Screens can now synchronize your local and remote clipboards automatically.
- Auto-reconnect to the last connected computer if the connection was cut while the app was running on the background.
- Many bug fixes and stability improvements.
We would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support over the years. We make these apps for you!
As always, we welcome your comments or questions. Write us a line at [email protected]
If you enjoy Screens, please let others know by writing a favorable review on the App Store. It really makes a difference!
Access your computers from wherever you are! Screens is a beautiful, yet powerful Screen Sharing and VNC client that lets you connect back to your Mac, Windows or Linux PC from the comfort of your living room, the corner coffee shop or anywhere in the world.
Screens offers a ton of awesome features that you’ll love:
• Connect from Everywhere
Install Screens Connect on your Mac or Windows PC and make it easily reachable from anywhere in the world.
• Stay Synchronized
Your saved Screens follow you on every Mac or iOS devices you own through iCloud.
• Quickly Connect to Nearby Computers
Initiate a single-shot connection to a nearby Mac, Windows or Linux PC without having to create a new Screen.
• Connect Safely
Screens can connect back to your computer through a secured connection. Enable Remote Login on your Mac and you’re done!
• Easy Shortcuts
Assign key mappings to the most used keyboard shortcuts in order to control your remote computer more easily.
• Display Selection
Do you have more than one display attached to your Mac? Screens supports multiple displays allowing you to always access what you need, no matter which display it is on.
• Pasteboard Support
Send text back to your computer and receive text, images and URLs from it through the pasteboard.
• On Disconnect Actions
Screens can execute special commands before it disconnects from your computer. Execute one of them Hot Corners or get the remote user to log out.
AND FOR THE POWER USER:
• SSH Keys Support
Initiate a secure connection (SSH) with a key, with or without a passphrase.
Launch Screens from URL Schemes like screens://, vnc:// or ssh://.
• Screens in your menu bar
Access your recent connections or discovered computers right from your menu bar.
• A VNC Server, such as UltraVNC or TightVNC, is required to connect to a Windows PC.
• Windows and Linux users are required to configure their router and computer manually to access their computer remotely.
• A SSH Server, such as freeSSHd, is required to create a secure connection to a Windows or Linux PC.
• Pasteboard images are only receivable from a Mac. Windows and Linux PCs can only receive text and URLs.
See Screens’ User Guide for details.
• Screens will not receive any sound from your computer. This is a limitation of the RFB protocol the app is using.
• Screens Connect requires OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard or later. You will need to create a free Screens ID.
- October 19, 2014 New version 3.5
- August 16, 2014 Price decrease: $34.99 -> $29.99
- August 15, 2014 Price increase: $29.99 -> $34.99
- August 01, 2014 Price decrease: $34.99 -> $29.99
- August 01, 2014 New version 3.1.1
- June 15, 2014 Initial release