Update for iOS 5.
●● Reading out web pages online or offline with just one click, directly in the browser ●● 32 voices in 21 languages ●● Saving web pages offline ●● Comfortable text view without images and adverts ●● Voice Reader Web – the browser that goes further!
► 148 Apps (Jennifer Allen)
As a disability aid, Voice Reader Web looks to be fantastically useful. There are other benefits to for the likes of car drivers or people who just want to relax and listen to a website rather than read huge amounts of text. Audio segments can be saved in a variety of different formats too for later consultation. It’s an all round useful app indeed.
► Hot Mac Apps
Its integrated with a safari like browser and you can have any webpage read out loud to you in a choice of 21 different languages with 32 different voices. (4/5)
► The iPhone App Review (Luke Patrick)
However, Voice Reader Web’s real godsend is its ability to read any viewable website back to the user. All one has to do is slap the audible button along the bottom, and away Voice Reader Web goes, drawling out the text in the specified voice. Speaking of voices, there are currently 32 voices in 21 languages, each of which sounds pretty decent. (4/5)
► Mac How (Jim Shaw)
Some people absorb information quicker when they hear it and others when they are multitasking. If you are one of these people then this is the app for you.
Use the professional Voice Reader Web to read web pages comfortably with its voice output, benefit from the optimized and fast view when website surfing on a small display and retain your favorite sites simply by pressing the save page offline button on your device. This is most important if no WLAN hotspot is nearby, or if you're going abroad.
Loyalty bonus for all Linguatec fans: If you already bought a Voice Reader Text-to-Speech offline voice, you can use it free of charge in Voice Reader Web!
● Professional speech output quality
● Comprehensive and expandable voice selection, choose among 32 online voices for 21 languages
Using the online voices you can have up to 4000 characters per website read out to you. When using the offline voices ($0.99 each), the number of characters you can have read out to you becomes limitless.
● Sophisticated reading options + pause function
● Fast and reader-optimized text mode
● Comfortable offline web page storage at the touch of a button
● Versatile adaptability of voices and browser: Read-out speed, pitch, volume, audio format (m4a, caf or wav) and quality (8, 16, 22 kHz), font, font size, night read-out mode, search engine selection, bookmarking.
● Intuitive user interface
● Expandable range of functions
Additional offline voice options with many benefits:
- INDEPENDENT: reading and creation of the audio data requires no internet connection
- UNRESTRICTED: there is no limit to the number of characters you can use for reading out
- FAST: generating the audio data happens on your own device.
- PROFESSIONAL: extra read-out options with marker function.
Note concerning Websites with secure login: Depending on the type of encryption unfortunately some websites can’t be displayed or read out with Voice Reader Web.
The natural-sounding Linguatec Text-to-Speech Voice Reader 15 in 45 languages for private and professional use is also available for Windows PC (Vista, 7 or 8). Read more on our website www.linguatec.net
- June 09, 2014 Initial release