What's NewFIX OF BUGS CAUSED BY iOS 7
1. Fixes failure to open on iPhones running iOS 7
2. Fixes freeze of textviews on some iPhones when the app does open
Thanks to all our customers who have emailed us and have waited for the fix. It is great to have loyal customers for over four years.
Niles Technology Group
App DescriptionUPDATED WITH iOS 7 SUPPORT - THIS APP HAS BEEN FULLY TESTED ON iOS 7. IT WORKS PERFECTLY, AND IS COMPATIBLE WITH iOS 7. THE APP ALSO WORKS ON iOS 4.3 OR LATER. Thank you. Niles Technology Group
"I bought Middle School Writing about a month ago [for my son] and liked it very much. I found the writing steps very explicit and useful." F. Law, College Writing Professor, California (via email)
*** 182 schools (and counting) have purchased essay apps for their students. Thank you from Niles Technology Group. ***
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT MIDDLE SCHOOL WRITING:
Middle School Writing uses a scaffolding, query-based process to teach students how to think reflexively; how to develop strong, purposeful arguments; and, how to structure essays. We emphasize that Middle School Writing is about learning critical thinking and writing; it is not solely about outlining essays. The critical thinking behind outlines is what matters, and it is this thinking process that the content teaches.
There are several different formats that one can use to outline an essay, and the app purposely does not force students into specific outline routines. What it does is explain the fundamental critical thinking aspects of outlining and succinctly presents examples of several different outline formats. It is up to students (and teachers) to choose an outlining format that best suits the current essay at hand. Many times, students create unique outline sequences most comfortable to them, which then allows students to produce their best work.
A critical thinking component of writing is developing an outline; being forced to use a specific, pre-arranged outline style defeats this important thinking exercise and often stunts a student's creativity.
1. Work on two essays at same time
2. Step-by-step writing instructions that emphasize the creativity of each student
3. Includes separate outline workspaces for each essay
4. All instructions are in the app, including how to properly revise an essay
5. Most logically designed, multi-function, dual-view writing app - all information is accessible in two feature-packed side-by-side views (iPad Only)
6. Dual web browsers for side-by-side comparison of websites as you do your research. Search two websites independently and compare contents side-by-side (iPad Only)
7. Side-by-side viewing of your outline and essay, with the capability to simultaneously edit either one (iPad Only)
8. Work seamlessly between all views - portrait, landscape and dual-view. All work is automatically synched and updated as you navigate throughout the app
9. Advanced features such as Undo / Redo / Reset to Previous Version are built-in. Yes, you can completely revert to the previous saved version of your work
Also use app to teach:
10. Web research skills
11. Safe Internet use habits
12. Email etiquette with in-app email
Niles Technology Group is the leading developer of essay writing apps. Its various apps have been recognized by many educational blogs and, most recently, by Apple.
-- Featured as a favorite Back-to-School app
-- Featured as a top 10 English Language Arts app
-- Featured as a top 10 Study-Aid app
-- Featured in New and Noteworthy category
-- Featured in What's Hot category
-- Named a "must-have" app by Edu-In-Review website
November 01, 2013 New version 2.0
April 11, 2012 Price Decrease: $16.99 -> $13.99
August 09, 2011 Initial Release