• Improved beaming user interface/flow
• Improved battery life
• Tablet optimized screens
• Background beaming
• Queue mode
• Persistent Renderer selection
• Beam status in notification panel
• Stability improvements
• Device compatibility updates
If you can browse, you can beam
Twonky Beam provides you with a simple and familiar way to discover and enjoy Internet videos with your tablet or phone and beam them to your TV or other home media players. Twonky Beam also allows you to beam media stored on your mobile device or home media server.
When you visit your favorite websites, or discover new ones, Twonky Beam will display a Twonky Beam button over the beamable media items on the page. The Twonky Beam home page contains links to popular websites with great content you can beam. You can browse many pages at once and create and manage bookmarks of your favorite sites.
A simple tap of the screen will beam the chosen media to your selected player, such as your Airplay-enabled or UPnP-/ DLNA-certified device. Twonky Beam is compatible with popular devices such as Apple TV, Roku, and Xbox 360. You can also enjoy media directly on your tablet or phone.
One of the best ways to use Twonky Beam is with Internet video, but it also works with music and photos. You can also create playlists with a queue of multiple selections that will play continuously in the order you added them, or you can change the order and delete items from your queue. It is always possible to continue browsing, either on the current site or on another site, while your media is playing.
In-app purchase of the Premium DTCP-IP Compatibility feature allows you to access DTCP-IP protected media with Twonky Beam (Requires valid content license and a compatible player for beaming).
• Enjoy a familiar browser experience for discovering and enjoying Internet video, music, and photos
• Open multiple sites at once with tabbed browsing
• Play the videos directly on the mobile device or beam them to your home media player
• Seeing the Twonky Beam Button lets you quickly know when you can beam something
• Create and manage bookmarks of your favorite websites
• Quickly access recommended links to websites that contain content you can beam
• Play selected content to remote devices, while continuing to browse
• Download media from the Internet or your home media server and play it on your tablet or phone offline
• Create and manage a Beam queue
• Browse, beam, or play media stored on your tablet, phone, or home media server
• Share media on your tablet or phone with other devices
• Play or beam PlayReady protected media (Requires valid content license and a compatible player for beaming).
• Play, beam, or download DTCP-IP protected media (Requires valid content license and a compatible player for beaming. Requires premium DTCP Compatibility feature enabled)
• Browse and beam media contained in RSS feeds
• Support for Beaming to U-verse TV receivers
*Please note that the beaming functionality relies on the capabilities of the devices on your home network, as well as the media support provided by specific websites. Beaming does not work with Flash content.
- January 24, 2012 Initial release
- March 24, 2012 New version 2.0.1
- May 02, 2012 New version 2.0.3
- August 18, 2012 New version 3.1.0
- October 12, 2012 New version 3.2.1
- November 29, 2012 New version 3.3.0
- December 13, 2012 New version 3.3.2
- January 23, 2013 New version 3.3.5
- March 02, 2013 New version 3.4.1
- May 07, 2013 New version 3.4.2
- June 08, 2013 New version 3.4.3
- August 16, 2013 New version 3.4.4
- September 20, 2013 New version 3.4.5
- October 11, 2013 New version 3.4.6
- January 10, 2014 New version 3.5.0
- January 30, 2014 New version 3.5.1
- May 12, 2014 New version 3.6.0