* A new soldier joins the ranks - Jansson the Rifleman
* Many improvements
★★★★★ Best turn-based strategy in the App Store. Period. [CrysisDaMonk]
How would you like to have a barbecue with a moustachioed cricketer, or watch a beautiful Russian engineer loosen someone's teeth with a monkey wrench? Maybe you'd care to demonstrate just how calculating and cold you can be as you humiliate your best friend on a cheerily colourful 3D battleground? We here at Tome Studios are proud to present Danger Alliance: Battles, wherein you will experience all of the above and much, much more.
Danger Alliance: Battles... Think it over, roll the words around on your tongue a little...
Sounds camp, you say? Well that's just how they named things in the '50s, goddamn it! Don't look at us and question the likelihood of an alliance that throws around strong words like danger, it just IS, okay? Sure, the DA universe might not be the '50s you remember (or at least remember reading about) but we wrote the thing and we choose how much authenticity is included.
Now that's out of the way, let's look at the most important part of the title ': Battles'. That's what we really want to tell you about; the outlandishly cartoonish 3D violence and brain-taxing tactical strategy that is the core of the game. Our favourite description so far has been "...yeah, it's like chess. But y'know, with rocket launchers."
DA: Battles is, to put it as clearly as we can, a 3D, turn-based, squad tactics game. Quick, shoot down to the bottom and check out the screenshots to get an idea of what that means. Are you back? Good. Let's move on to the dot points:
- Seven unique units, each with highly individual strengths and weaknesses
- Six finely crafted battlegrounds to master
- Play each battleground in either Elimination mode or Strategic Victory mode
- Play through the mini-campaign against supernatural foes
- Hotseat multiplayer, play your friends on the same device!
- Three AI difficulty levels
If we haven't yet convinced you, let us dangle this further carrot. Danger Alliance will expand beyond Battles, with plans to introduce a single player campaign and further multiplayer capabilities as well as extra content, battlegrounds and characters with future versions. So help us help you, the more copies of DA: Battles we sell, the shinier our updates will be!
- October 14, 2011 New version 1.0.2
- October 18, 2011 New version 1.0.3
- October 24, 2011 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- December 16, 2011 New version 1.1.0
- December 16, 2011 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- January 13, 2012 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- January 24, 2012 New version 1.2
- April 29, 2012 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- May 11, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- May 16, 2012 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- May 21, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99