Various improvements and bug fixes
• Our award-winning app is free to download.
• Free Editor’s picks. Registered readers can read or listen to a selection of must-read articles chosen each week by Zanny Minton Beddoes, Editor-in-Chief of The Economist.
• Subscribers enjoy full access to each week’s issue.
Our app allows registered readers to read a selection of free content each week, while subscribers with digital access can enjoy the full issue every Thursday from 4pm EST / 9pm GMT.
NOW ON NEWSSTAND
The Economist app now appears on your device in Newsstand. Please note that you will not find The Economist app on your device home screen.
When you allow Push Notifications from The Economist app for iPad, each new issue will be downloaded to your device automatically.
• Read or listen to each week’s full issue from Thursday 4pm EST / 9pm GMT. Read or listen to each week’s full issue every Thursday, before it hits newsstands.
• Pre-download The Economist and enjoy offline reading anytime, anywhere.
• Seamlessly move between our reader and audio features.
• Store and access back issues.
• If you are a registered reader, you may purchase single issues using In-App Purchase.
• Subscribe within the app and get full access to Economist.com and The Economist apps.
• Subscribe quarterly (12 issues) for US$39.99 or annually (51 issues) for US$129.99 or buy a single issue for US$6.99. If available, you will be charged in your local currency at the prevailing exchange rate as defined by iTunes.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
• Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the price of the original subscription.
• You can manage auto-renew of your subscription in your iTunes account settings.
• The app may offer a subscription with a free trial period. At the end of the trial period, full price of the subscription will be charged thereafter.
• You may cancel a subscription during its free trial period via the subscription settings via your iTunes account. This must be done 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged. Please visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 for more information.
ABOUT THE ECONOMIST
The Economist is a weekly international news and business publication offering independent and clear reporting, commentary and analysis on world current affairs; business, finance, science and technology, culture, society, media and the arts.
ALSO AVAILABLE ON iPhone
The Economist is also available on iPhone. Simply search for The Economist in the App Store for iPhone.
- February 10, 2015 New version 3.0.5
- December 18, 2014 New version 3.0.4
- December 11, 2014 New version 3.0.2
- November 12, 2014 New version 2.13.2
- October 27, 2014 New version 2.13.0
- August 12, 2014 New version 2.12.5
- July 11, 2014 New version 2.12.4
- June 25, 2014 New version 2.12.3
- May 13, 2014 New version 2.12.2
- April 27, 2014 New version 2.12.1
- April 08, 2014 New version 2.12.0
- February 19, 2014 New version 2.11.0
- December 17, 2013 New version 2.10.4
- December 11, 2013 New version 2.10.3
- October 16, 2013 New version 2.10.2
- October 07, 2013 New version 2.10.1
- September 20, 2013 New version 2.10.0
- August 06, 2013 New version 2.9
- June 24, 2013 New version 2.8
- May 21, 2013 New version 2.7
- March 19, 2013 New version 2.5
- February 05, 2013 New version 2.4.2
- December 19, 2012 New version 2.4.1
- September 11, 2012 New version 2.3.1
- August 10, 2012 New version 2.3
- July 25, 2012 New version 2.2.2
- April 24, 2012 Initial release