• If the latest version of Taxi Fare is installed on the device or the device is located in Australia the app now has a Taxi Fare button (on the Map screen on iPhone, or main screen on iPad) to open Australian Taxi Fare app
• Stability improvements when the internet connection is slow
• Now requires at least iOS7
Have you ever wondered where you parked your car, moped, bicycle or berthed your 70m runabout? Ever wandered around the Sydney Opera House car park, or Chicago's Marina City Towers car park, or in an unfamiliar suburb, or landed at the airport after an 18-hour flight and cannot remember where you left your chariot two weeks earlier? Do you need to remember where your hotel is before you wander the nearby streets?
Well, this app's for you. It records the date and time, the longitude and latitude and address of where you left your car or where you are, as well as allowing you set the level and parking bay numbers.
When it's time to find your transport or return to your hotel, open the app and you will see on a map both where you are and where you left your vehicle. The route will also be shown within the app using either Google Maps or Apple Maps. The choice is made in Apple's Settings App->Parked
Tap the Map or Google Maps button to start the appropriate Maps app if desired.
Alternatively, if you're thinking of taking a taxi and you have the Australian Taxi Fare app installed (available in iTunes App Store) you can tap a button and it will give you directions, tell you how far it is and, if in Australia, give an approximate cost for the taxi fare.
Next time you need this app, tap the Reset button, wait for your current address to be displayed if you need it, set the levels if appropriate and tap Save. That's it.
This Universal app is designed to run on iPhone and iPod Touch and also to take advantage of the iPad's screen size.
iOS 8 look and feel when running on iOS8+ iPhone. Compatible with iOS9 and iPhone6 and later.
Thank you to Michael Summers for kindly granting permission to use his photo for the basis of the app's icon (www.canonsnapper.com).
- June 13, 2014 Initial release
- July 28, 2014 New version 2.00
- October 10, 2014 New version 2.01
- May 31, 2015 New version 2.02
- March 23, 2016 New version 2.03