- iPhone 5 support (finally!)
- Tips now submitted securely over SSL.
- Now has usable camera controls (no more weird custom controls)
- Retina display support added.
- Image preview improved.
- Removed annoying 'join user group' interstitials.
- Default emoticon now set
- Keyboard can now be hidden, done button added.
- No longer requires email address to be re-entered every time.
- No longer crashes on iPad when attaching a picture
- Many other crash fixes...
The Tipster app provides a free, fun, and simple way to tell the editors of Consumerist.com about any scams, rip-offs, shoddy products, hot deals, or freebies you’ve come across.
Let’s say you order a pacifier that arrives in a box the size of Rhode Island, are served a burger at a popular fast food chain that looks inedible, or spot a retailer’s sign that says something really ridiculous. That’s the sort of stuff The Consumerist wants to know about.
Use the Tipster app to snap a quick picture of the offending item, write up your comment, and submit to The Consumerist. We just may blog about it on our site!
The Consumerist empowers consumers by informing and entertaining them about the top consumer issues of the day. We are a leading online resource for consumer-driven advice about dealing with everything from non-existent customer service to onerous cell-phone contracts to ever-shrinking (and ever-more-expensive) grocery products. The Consumerist is published by Consumer Media LLC, a not-for-profit subsidiary of Consumers Union, and takes no outside advertising.
- June 15, 2014 Initial release