This version corrects a minor error in some passive forms.
If you're looking to put your knowledge of Latin verbs to the test, Latin Grammar is the perfect app for you. Designed to solve the needs of Latin students from beginner to advanced, Latin Grammar is the perfect tool to help you refine your knowledge of all kinds of Latin verbs.
With its database of almost 500 of the most important Latin words, Latin Grammar can test you on:
- Tenses: present, perfect, imperfect, pluperfect, future and future perfect are supported
- Person and number: 1st, 2nd and 3rd singular and plural
- Mood and voice: Subjunctive, indicative, active and passive
- All five verb conjugations: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 3rd/4th ("mixed")
If you're just learning, Latin Grammar lets you choose which forms you know - you could start, for example, by testing only with the present indicative active form, then working further as your learn.
It also has three built-in test types to really push your skills hard:
- In a multiple choice test, you'll be given a verb form - eg "First-person singular pluperfect indicative active" - along with four possible answers; you must choose the correct answer.
- In a matrix select test, you'll be given a verb form - eg "habuērunt" - and you'll be asked to choose its person, number, tense, mood and voice.
- In a form conversion test, you'll be given a verb form - eg "dīcēbantur" - and asked to change one aspect of it, for example to make it active rather than passive.
You can also select mixed mode to get random types of question as you progress.
I hope to add new grammar-testing features to the app in future updates - please get in touch with your suggestions!
NOTE: I have another app for Latin lovers on the App Store - SPQR Latin Dictionary and Reader - which includes this grammar test as one small part of a much larger whole. If you already own SPQR, you don't need this app as well. If you don't already own SPQR, what are you waiting for? :)
- June 11, 2014 Initial release