* You can now choose to display distance in km or miles.
* Tap on your picture to see your own profile album.
* Fast switch between different chats using the new inbox button in every profile.
* Many bug fixes and interface improvements.
New in version 2.0:
* Radar shows you who's near you now, sorted by distance.
* Diary shows you who was near you before, sorted by time.
* Glancee is faster, more robust and comes with better recommendations.
Glancee 2.0 is serendipity supercharged!
Glancee helps you connect with people who share friends and interests with you. Discover the hidden connections you share with people around you. Start great conversations based on the interests you share. Never miss or forget an important connection again.
Glancee quietly works for you throughout your day, looking for people nearby and keeping track of the people you meet:
* Glancee's Radar: Curious to know who is around right now? Open the radar and discover people nearby right now!
* Glancee's Diary: Who else was at that event last night? Open the diary and keep track of all the peole you met!
* Notifications: Be gently notified when a friend or someone new with lots in common is nearby. It's truly magical.
Now with more than 10,000 active users, Glancee already has success stories to tell:
* Jack, cofounder of Whit.ly: I already met 3 entrepreneurs in San Francisco. One beer and a great chat, and one of them has already helped us with Whit.ly
* Francesco, consultant in Paris: Paris is no San Francisco, but thanks to Glancee I already connected with 2 entrepreneurs that just moved here from the Valley!
* Karen, student from Chicago: I've been talking to this cool guy from Ecuador because of a book we both read. We both never met anyone that had read it before!
We worked hard to make sure that Glancee goes light on your battery and we achieved great results. Apple still reminds you that continued use of GPS running in the background can significantly affect battery life.
We also decided to use Facebook to signup new users so you can start meeting new people right away. We use Facebook to make sure everybody has a real profile, and we will never post to your wall without permission!
Thanks for checking out Glancee!
- April 24, 2012 Initial release