- lots of new iOS 7 bug fixes
- fixed recent bug with twitter field
- fixed landscape transition issue
- resolved display issue on iPhone 5
- more offline photos on original download and faster download of offline content
- fixed intermittent bug with dynamic updates
- added better crash analytics and fixed a number of intermittent stability problems
★ Easy One-Day Adventures Outside of London ★
"...This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England..." is the most memorable line from Shakespeare's 1595 play, Richard II. It neatly sums up the affection Englishmen have for their "sceptered isle." For many, the very best of that land lies in London's backyard, in what William Blake called "England's Green and Pleasant Land" in his 1804 poem, Milton.
This app, London's Backyard, takes you on a series of one-day journeys to nearby towns, villages, and countryside by inexpensive public transportation, or by private car if you prefer. Suggested walking tours are included, along with interactive maps, photos, attractions to visit, historical references, practical information, dining ideas, and Internet links. Everything you need to know for a wonderful outing is right there on your screen.
Two different approaches to travel information are taken, and they work seamlessly together through hundreds of links. First, there are details for self-guided one-day tours, and then there are separate files describing the attractions, restaurants, and the like, plus files on background information, transportation details, and other practicalities.
For nearly every file there are photos and maps pinpointing exact locations. Both the photos and maps can easily be opened to full screen size for easy viewing. There are also over 25 Diagram Maps designed for easy reading on the small iPhone screen. A new interactive Table of Contents makes finding whatever interests you much easier.
This is not just a digital rehash of a printed guidebook. Instead, it takes full advantage of the latest computer and Internet technology to bring an amazing amount of current information to your fingertips; easy to access and really up to date.
★ About the Author ★
Earl Steinbicker, creator of and principal writer for the Daytrips series of guidebooks, had his first volume published in 1983. Daytrips From London, as it was called, has been revised several times since then, the latest edition being in 2011. He believes that travel should be a joy, not an endurance test, and has been refining his carefree style of personal exploration for over 40 years.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - [email protected]
- October 06, 2013 New version 2.0
- March 29, 2013 New version 1.7
- March 29, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $2.99
- November 02, 2012 New version 1.6
- September 19, 2012 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
- September 19, 2012 New version 1.5
- July 05, 2012 New version 1.4
- December 13, 2011 New version 1.3
- September 07, 2011 Price increase: FREE! -> $2.99