This release uses Open Graph to match HTML pages and skips Amazon search results. It comes with an improved MacUpdate plugin and Twitter Accounts scanner. It also fixes an incompatibility to DEVONthink 2.7.6 and a few other issues. The update is recommended for all users.
- Matching of HTML pages supports Open Graph properties (title and description), too.
- MacUpdate plugin updated.
- Twitter Accounts scanner is more reliable.
- Amazon search results are skipped while crawling.
- Handling of background tasks is more reliable.
- Overall performance and reliability.
- Incompatibility to DEVONthink 2.7.6 causing e.g. delays.
- Description of several search sets still mentioned Exalead.
Web search reloaded: DEVONagent Express brings web search directly to your menu bar. Just like Spotlight searches your computer DEVONagent Express searches the web and presents the results directly in its menu. A great selection of top-notch search engines and large tool tips with preview pictures and summaries let you find the right page before you open it in your web browser. You can even query all three major web search engines all at the same time or use pre-fab collections such as a thumbnail gallery search set.
Your search assistant: While the 'express' mode just collects the results the 'agent' mode does a lot more for you in the background. It downloads each page, filters advertisements, error pages as well as pages that don't fit your question, and applies its own ranking. No more Error 404 pages, no more pages that have nothing to do with your search at all.
What DEVONagent Express does for you:
- Let's you search the web as easy as using Spotlight
- Shows convenient summaries and preview pictures
- Filters advertisements and error pages
- Gives you only really relevant results back
- Talks to more than 80 general-purpose and specialized search engines
Perfectly integrated and easy to use:
- Located directly in the menu bar, always there when you need it
- Opens results in your web browser or DEVONagent (if available)
- You already know how to use it
- Accessible by pressing a hotkey
Supported search engines categories:
- General purpose
- Apple- and Mac-related (e.g. App Store, MacUpdate)
- Computer science
- Dictionaries (e.g. Wiktionary)
- Educational resources
- Images and videos (e.g. YouTube, Flickr)
- References (e.g. Wikipedia)
- Social networking (e.g. Facebook Profiles, Twitter)
The functionality of DEVONagent Express will be part of DEVONagent 3.0.
Based on DEVONsphere®.
- June 13, 2014 Initial release
- July 27, 2014 New version 3.8.1