This maintenance release addresses issues related to macOS Sierra. It also adds a new plugin for the Qwant search engine. The update brings workflow enhancements and bug fixes too.
- Qwant plugin.
CHANGED FOR MACOS SIERRA
- Renamed 'Mac OS X' to 'macOS' in alerts.
- "Help > Contact us" sends an email via the default email client again.
- "Google Scholar (Articles)" plugin.
- "Marketing" search set.
- Advertisement filter.
- Compatibility to RSS 1.0 feeds.
- "site:domain" operator in primary query terms is now stripped before matching to facilitate searching sites using the Google, Bing, and Web plugins.
- Recognition of dates if neither the server nor the HTML metadata specify a date.
- Compatibility to HTTP proxies.
- Handling of background tasks.
- Checking for updates.
- Issue where the position of the menu extra was wrong if the menu bar was automatically hidden.
Web search reloaded: DEVONagent Express brings web search directly to your menu bar. Just like Spotlight searches your computer DEVONagent Express searches the web and presents the results directly in its menu. A great selection of top-notch search engines and large tool tips with preview pictures and summaries let you find the right page before you open it in your web browser. You can even query all three major web search engines all at the same time or use pre-fab collections such as a thumbnail gallery search set.
Your search assistant: While the 'express' mode just collects the results the 'agent' mode does a lot more for you in the background. It downloads each page, filters advertisements, error pages as well as pages that don't fit your question, and applies its own ranking. No more Error 404 pages, no more pages that have nothing to do with your search at all.
What DEVONagent Express does for you:
- Let's you search the web as easy as using Spotlight
- Shows convenient summaries and preview pictures
- Filters advertisements and error pages
- Gives you only really relevant results back
- Talks to more than 80 general-purpose and specialized search engines
Perfectly integrated and easy to use:
- Located directly in the menu bar, always there when you need it
- Opens results in your web browser or DEVONagent (if available)
- You already know how to use it
- Accessible by pressing a hotkey
Supported search engines categories:
- General purpose
- Apple- and Mac-related (e.g. App Store, MacUpdate)
- Computer science
- Dictionaries (e.g. Wiktionary)
- Educational resources
- Images and videos (e.g. YouTube, Flickr)
- References (e.g. Wikipedia)
- Social networking (e.g. Facebook Profiles, Twitter)
The functionality of DEVONagent Express will be part of DEVONagent 3.0.
Based on DEVONsphere®.
- June 13, 2014 Initial release
- July 27, 2014 New version 3.8.1
- September 16, 2015 New version 3.9.2
- November 24, 2015 New version 3.9.3
- November 28, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- December 02, 2015 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- March 05, 2016 New version 3.9.4
- November 07, 2016 New version 3.9.5
- November 25, 2016 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- November 30, 2016 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99