What's New• New standard tile art replaces ‘Engraved Marble’ as the default: The new standard tile art uses a much cleaner, subtler tile texture, which makes the tile details stand out clearly. This is combined with specular lighting and engraved detail for realism. (Note: The earlier marble tile set is still available in the options if you prefer that for some reason.)
• Completely reworked physics engine: Movement is more responsive and precise, and includes momentum and boundary effects.
• Redesigned game dialogs, in keeping with the iOS 7 version.
• Most game options may now be accessed through the gear icon at the bottom right of the main view, similar to the iOS version. Some less frequently used options are only available through the standard menu bar at the top of the screen.
• You can now load custom layouts from the Moonlight Mahjong Layouts blog: http://moonlightmahjong.blogspot.com. Follow Moonlight Mahjong on Facebook for notices: https://www.facebook.com/MoonlightMahjong. (It is not yet possible to create new layouts in the Mac version. It is on the list of things to do.)
• Improved help documentation: The documentation is now a single page, which is easier to browse and navigate.
• Improved Alphabet tileset using the Helvetica Neue font, with tile texture and engraved detail.
• Using the Night Tiles tileset now darkens the background, for better use at night.
• Reworked application icon.
• Many miscellaneous bug fixes and minor improvements.
• Mac OS X 10.8 “Mountain Lion” or later is now required. The state of the art in iOS and Mac OS X programming has advanced in the time Moonlight Mahjong has been around, and it is important for a number of reasons to try to keep up. So, behind the scenes, the programming code has been cleaned up extensively, requiring the later OS version.
If you have an interest in space and particularly in Mars Rovers, check out Midnight Martian’s other Mac app: Midnight Planets, in the Reference section.
App DescriptionThe popular 3D Mahjong Solitaire game created for the iPhone and iPad now comes to the Mac. Play arcade-style with progressively difficult levels, or relax with one of the non-competitive game modes. The gameplay is simple yet addictive.
Originally created for touch-screen iOS devices, Moonlight Mahjong on the Mac takes full advantage of a multitouch trackpad, but also can be played with a mouse. Intuitive control allows you to tilt and turn in virtual reality, allowing you to more easily see the tiles on the board.
Moonlight Mahjong on the Mac features four types of play:
Scramble Mode (the default): Make matches faster than the automated opponent "Tilebot" through increasingly difficult levels. The board is automatically reshuffled when you run out of matches, making this game mode easy (to start!) and fun.
Challenge Mode: Compete against Tilebot in full puzzle mode, with no automatic reshuffling, only undo. Challenge requires more strategy than Scramble.
Puzzle Mode: Solve puzzle boards with no time limit. Choose any layouts you like; no high scores.
Relaxation Mode: Clear boards with no time limit and automatic reshuffle when out of matches. Perfect for when you're just not in the mood to strategize or rush.
January 29, 2014 New version 2.0
July 09, 2012 New version 1.1
July 04, 2011 Price Decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
May 17, 2011 Initial Release