What's New- Support for high resolution graphics on the MacBook Pro with Retina Display.
- Proper full screen support on OS X 10.7 "Lion" and later.
- When you lose in Scramble mode, the "Try Again" button goes back only 5 levels, instead of all the way back to level 1 (assuming you made it past level 6).
- The "Lion Scramble" and "Dragon Scramble" game modes are replaced by "New Game - Level 10" and "New Game - Level 20" menu options, once you've reached 100,000 and 300,000 points in Scramble mode. This amounts to the same functionality as before, but is perhaps clearer.
- A "New Game - Level 30" menu option is enabled once you've scored 600,000 points in Scramble mode.
- You can now use the space bar to quickly pause or unpause game.
- Added an option in Preferences to turn off free tile highlighting, for those who have asked. You are encouraged to keep tile hightlighting turned on; it is part of the game.
- Fixed an issue where the app would crash on startup if certain system fonts were disabled.
- Support for OS X Sandbox security.
Please note: two early user reviews for version 1.1 claim something has changed in the trackpad or mouse handling or something like that. As far as we know these reviews are simply incorrect; nothing has changed in the game's controls. Over 100,000 people have updated to Moonlight Mahjong 1.1, and no one has contacted us directly with any concerns in this area.
Please keep in mind that the hundreds of earlier user reviews and star ratings for version 1.0 are not immediately visible on the App Store. Please consider updating your review or rating after updating to version 1.1. Your positive reviews are very much appreciated.
App DescriptionFREE for a limited time. The popular 3D Mahjong Solitaire game created for the iPhone and iPad now comes to the Mac. Play arcade-style with progressively difficult levels, or relax with one of the non-competitive game modes. The gameplay is simple yet addictive.
Originally created for touch-screen iOS devices, Moonlight Mahjong on the Mac takes full advantage of a multitouch trackpad, but also can be played with a mouse. Intuitive control allows you to tilt and turn in virtual reality, allowing you to more easily see the tiles on the board.
Moonlight Mahjong on the Mac features four types of play:
Scramble Mode (the default): Make matches faster than the automated opponent "Tilebot" through increasingly difficult levels. The board is automatically reshuffled when you run out of matches, making this game mode easy (to start!) and fun.
Challenge Mode: Compete against Tilebot in full puzzle mode, with no automatic reshuffling, only undo. Challenge requires more strategy than Scramble.
Puzzle Mode: Solve puzzle boards with no time limit. Choose any layouts you like; no high scores.
Relaxation Mode: Clear boards with no time limit and automatic reshuffle when out of matches. Perfect for when you're just not in the mood to strategize or rush.
July 09, 2012 New version 1.1
July 04, 2011 Price Decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
May 17, 2011 Initial Release