What's New1) Added French localization and Cassini spacecraft.
2) Fixed new bug where the Sunset, Sunrise, Moonset, etc buttons in the Time & Date setting didn't work on iPad.
3) Fixed some Spanish localization problems.
4) SkyWeek and Basic Concepts Help are now visible when the preferred language is not English.
5) Fixed crash that could happen when doing a two finger tap in the Object Info screen.
6) Fixed bug where the Show Galactic Equator settings was not getting saved in Settings files.
7) Fixed problem with the degree character in the default description for a settings file.
8) Fixed bug preventing User Locations with names containing diacritical characters from being saved.
9) Coordinate strings entered without degree/hour, minute, or second symbols are now parsed correctly.
10) Removed duplicate apparent motion in declination for solar system objects in Object Info.
11) Removed support for iOptron SmartEQ/ZEQ25 mounts.
12) Fixed reversal of the Date/Time label and its value in the Observation Edit screen.
13) Added ability to save telescope communication log files for debugging problems. Telescope communication log files are saved on your iPhone or iPad, and you can transfer them to your computer using iTunes file sharing.
App DescriptionSKY & TELESCOPE 2012 HOT PRODUCT! MACWORLD 2010 BEST OF SHOW WINNER!
Spaceflight has never been so easy! With SkySafari 3 Plus, you can follow spectacular events like eclipses and transits in Earth's sky - or from anywhere else in the Solar System!
As just reviewed in The Mac Observer, SkySafari 3 is "the best of all the star chart apps for iOS":
Sky & Telescope magazine says SkySafari 3 is "revolutionary" and a "game-changer":
SkySafari 3 comes in three versions. SkySafari 3 Plus adds a hugely expanded database, wired or wireless telescope control - and the ability to fly into orbit around other objects in our Solar System - to our basic version.
Please note: there is no discount upgrade path from this version of SkySafari to SkySafari Pro.
SkySafari 3 Plus shows you 2.5 million stars, and 31,000 deep sky objects - including the entire NGC/IC catalog. It shows the Solar System's major planets and moons using NASA spacecraft imagery, and includes over 4,000 asteroids, comets, and satellites with updateable orbits. It can point your GoTo or "Push-To" telescope anywhere in the sky, using your iPhone/iPad/iPod's built-in WiFi, and our SkyFi or SkyWire serial accessories.
SkySafari 3 accurately shows you the sky from any place on Earth, at any time up to one million years in the past or future. It includes 1100 encyclopedic descriptions of the constellations, stars, and planets written by professional astronomers. And it contains over 800 images from NASA space missions, the Hubble Space Telescope, and the world's foremost astro-photographers.
If you have an iPhone/iPad with a compass, or an iPod Touch with a gyroscope, SkySafari Plus can help you identify stars and planets by holding your phone next to them. Tap the Compass/Gyro button (or shake your phone) to activate the compass - now, as you move the phone around, the sky chart follows your motion. Search for any object in the sky, and follow the arrow on screen to find it!
SkySafari has a "Night" button to preserve your dark adaptation as you're exploring the night sky. The Time Flow feature lets you animate the night sky using simple VCR controls - follow the motion of the stars and planets as SkySafari compresses days, months, and years into a few seconds.
SkySafari 3 includes SkyWeek - the mobile version of Sky & Telescope Magazine's super-popular "Sky at a Glance" column. SkyWeek features interactive sky charts for each day of the week, and links to more articles on S&T's website. SkyWeek shows you all major sky events: eclipses, conjunctions, good meteor showers — miss nothing!
SkySafari's streamlined user interface puts the universe at your fingertips - and turns your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch into a 21st-century telescope controller. SkySafari is your celestial travel guide!
November 28, 2013 Price Decrease: $14.99 -> $9.99
November 19, 2013 New version 3.8.5
September 26, 2013 New version 3.8.2
September 10, 2013 New version 3.8.1
June 14, 2013 New version 3.8
November 30, -0001 Initial Release