What's NewHello and welcome to another GIF Brewery update. The tiny brewers inside GIF Brewery have been hard at work with this update ever since they were told to stop making cat GIFs. Here's an abbreviated list of their updates and changes. * They've improved caption creation and quality. * They've learned to count above one, so now you may have more than one overlay/caption. * They've improved their knowledge of the space-time continuum, so overlays may now have their own start and end times. * They've tinkered with custom palettes and dithering. * They've made a GIF's Tumblr-ness more explicit. * They've renamed and rearranged some things. * They've decided they can live in a tinier space. * They've also done some work on GIF Brewery's plumbing. More information on all the changes can be found at http://gifbrewery.com. If you have any questions about them, feel free to also contact us via email or twitter (@helloresolvapps). Also of note: 1. The process of setting the start/end times for captions and overlays is not finalized. User feedback via e-mail or twitter is greatly appreciated in streamlining and improving this new functionality. 2. GIF Brewery's Tumblr indicator is *only* a hint. Tumblr ultimately controls what GIFs can and cannot work on their service. While, GIF Brewery will try its best to keep up-to-date, the end user should always double-check their GIFs versus Tumblr's requirements. 3. Past saved GIF Brewery recipes with captions will not show their captions due to changes in caption handling. Sorry for the inconvenience. 4. If you are using Quicktime components, such as Perian, Flip4Mac, or 3ivx, you MUST make sure they are up-to-date and compatible with Apple's Sandbox. Out-dated components may lead to GIF Brewery crashes. The brewers would also like to remind you that if you experience any bugs/issues with this update or the app in general, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or send a message via twitter (@helloresolvapps). The brewers toast to your helpfulness in tracking down bugs.
* New and Noteworthy on Mac App Store, May 2013
* What's Hot on Mac App Store, May and June 2013
* MacWorld: 4/5, "GIF Brewery makes it a snap to convert video files into animated GIFs."
* Mac.AppStorm: 9/10, "A great app to create your own customizable animated GIFs."
* The Verge mention: "For OS X, we’ve been having fun with GIF Brewery ... It’s simple, intuitive"
GIF Brewery is the best video to GIF creator on Mac OS X. GIF Brewery lets you convert clips from your video files to GIFs. There is no more need for extracting frames from your movies and fiddling with Adobe Photoshop (tm). Let GIF Brewery do all the hard work for you.
See GIF Brewery in action at http://gifbrewery.com/ and http://helloresolven.com/portfolio/gifbrewery/.
* Convert clips from your videos into small GIF files.
* Resize or crop the video for your GIF.
* Add multiple captions or overlay images to the GIF.
* Create GIFs with your desired FPS or manually set the frame count and frame delay.
* Change the looping direction, such as normal playback, reverse, or even palindrome!
* Change the number of loops for your GIF.
* Apply Core Image filters like Sepia or Color Correction.
* Save your settings for later edits.
* Supports 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion, 10.8 Mountain Lion.
* Makes your hip on Tumblr, assuming your GIFs are smaller than 1MB.
* GIF Brewery will not alter the original file and settings just impact the GIF.
* GIF Brewery can only open and create clips from movies that Quicktime can open and play. Apple provides a list of the file formats and codecs at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3775.
* Note, however, that GIF Brewery cannot open any DRM-protected files.
* If you are using Quicktime components, such as Perian, Flip4Mac, or 3ivx, you MUST make sure they are up-to-date and compatible with Apple's Sandbox. Out-dated components will lead to GIF Brewery crashing.
If you are having an issue with any of the codecs listed above, please contact us! Note: If you experience any crashes whatsoever please contact Hello, Resolven at email@example.com. We are unable to diagnose the issue without help from effected users.
March 07, 2014 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
March 07, 2014 New version 2.3.4
January 29, 2014 New version 2.3.2
November 19, 2013 New version 2.3.1
September 26, 2013 New version 2.3
May 09, 2011 Initial Release