What's New- High-resolution images for iPad with Retina display
- Fix occasional delayed alarm on Thebes when returning from background with NTP disabled or unavailable
- Various minor aesthetic improvements and bug fixes
App DescriptionThese models of high-end mechanical watch faces contain many of the most complex "complications" found in real watches, plus refinements found nowhere else. All displays maintain the look and feel of real mechanical objects, but with the time and location accuracy of the iPhone.
NOTE: This app (Emerald Chronometer HD) only works on the iPad. Please also see Emerald Chronometer, a separate product optimized for the iPhone and iPod touch. The products have exactly the same watches and are identical except that this HD product has the ability to rotate the display, increased resolution on the watches, and larger settings panels.
NEW NOTE 10 May 2011: We've gotten a few reports from users running older versions of iOS (typically iOS 4.2.1) that the buttons at the bottom don't work properly, and that upgrading their devices to iOS 4.3.3 fixes the problem. If you see this problem and are running an older OS version please try upgrading to the latest iOS.
- Highly accurate data from 4000 BCE to 2800 CE
- Times of rise and set for the Sun, the Moon, and the 5 classical planets
- The correct shape and orientation of the Moon in all phases but still using a mechanical display
- Relative positions of the Sun, Moon, 6 planets and the constellations of the zodiac
- "Compass functions" show the elevation and azimuth of the Sun, the Moon, and the 5 planets
- The Equation of Time, solar time and sidereal time
- Eclipse predictor (lunar node indicators and separation indicator)
- User settable geographic location and timezone using an 80,000 city database
- A unique face showing the rise and set times of all 5 classical planets plus the Sun and the Moon at once
- Day/date/month/year indicators, using mechanical wheels
- Local and UTC time
- Chronograph (stopwatch) with split timer, 1/10 sec accuracy
- Alarm clock and interval timer; notifications are delivered in iOS 4 if the app is not running**
- World-time watch with 24-city ring on one side and 4 subdials on the other
- Most watches with 1/5 sec or 1/10 sec precision
- Synchronized with standard atomic clocks via NTP
There are 15 watches in all, with 26 total watch faces (including front and back sides).
The app works equally well in landscape mode and portrait mode, and a setting is available to allow the display to stay on only when plugged in.
Play with the watches by tapping on the crown and moving the hands, or press and hold on a date window to zoom through time to see the effect on the heavens. Then just use them to show you when it's time for a break.
A complete description of each application feature can be found in the built-in Help screens and on the Emerald Sequoia LLC Web Site, which also includes a demo movie. A developer's blog may also be found at http://emeraldsequoia.com/esblog/ .
If you are having any trouble with the application whatsoever, please see our FAQ on the support page listed below and then contact us through that page if your problem is not resolved. We take pride in responding promptly to all support email requests.
**NTP accuracy is not guaranteed for alarm delivery if the app is not running. Also, on OS's older than iOS 4, no third-party app may signal the user if the app is not running. NTP accuracy *is* maintained when the app is running with the device locked on all OS's. (NTP requires Internet access. Like all apps Emerald Chronometer can not change the device's internal clock.)
October 24, 2013 New version 3.9
June 16, 2012 New version 3.8
March 14, 2012 New version 3.7.3
February 26, 2012 New version 3.7.2
February 10, 2012 New version 3.7.1
August 30, 2011 New version 3.6.3
November 30, -0001 Initial Release