Optimized for iOS 7 and the iPhone 5 retina display
⁂ Winner of the 2011 Apple Design Award ⁂
Al Gore's Our Choice will change the way we read books. And quite possibly change the world. In this interactive app, Al Gore surveys the causes of global warming and presents groundbreaking insights and solutions already under study and underway that can help stop the unfolding disaster of global warming.
Our Choice melds the vice president's narrative with photography, interactive graphics, animations, and more than an hour of engrossing documentary footage. A new, groundbreaking interface allows you to experience that content seamlessly. Pick up and explore anything you see in the book; zoom out to the visual table of contents and quickly browse though the chapters; reach in and explore data-rich interactive graphics.
100% of Al Gore's earnings from Our Choice will be donated to the nonprofit Alliance for Climate Protection.
"This is one of the most elegant, fluid, immersive apps you’ve ever seen. It’s a showpiece for the new world of touch-screen gadgets."
-David Pogue, The New York Times
"One of the first truly multimedia e-books"
-Bryan Walsh, Time Magazine
"Expands the definition of the word book."
-David Chartier, PCWorld
"It transforms the act of reading into something totally new."
-Amy Lee, Huffington Post
"Put simply, it does things that no paper book ever could."
-Kyle VanHemert, Gizmodo
• A groundbreaking multi-touch interface
• A visual table of contents for quick and easy navigation
• More than 250 stunning full-screen images
• Explore every photo's location on an interactive map
• More than one hour of documentary footage
• More than 30 original interactive infographics and animations
• Original audio commentary by Al Gore throughout
• An interactive 3D book cover
• Read on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
Published by Rodale, produced by Melcher Media, and powered by Push Pop Press’s groundbreaking software, Our Choice is meant to inspire readers to take action and think in new and creative ways about how we can work together to solve the climate crisis.
Requirements: In order to download the content within this app you must have a Wi-Fi connection and up to 1GB of free storage on your device.
- May 31, 2011 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- May 28, 2011 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- September 27, 2011 New version 1.0.1
- April 27, 2012 New version 1.0.2
- September 20, 2012 New version 1.0.3
- September 18, 2013 New version 1.0.4