148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: A Blast from Plasq! :: Read Our Full Review >>
One of the best software toys for the Mac makes a successful transition to iOS.
What's New*** Note: Comic Life 3 is now available. This version is being provided for volume purchase program customers in order to fulfill their outstanding orders. No further updates are planned for this version and it will be removed from sale at the end of the year. ***
Various bug fixes and stability improvements.
App Description- The Most Powerful Photo Comic Creation App.
- Everything you need at your fingertips: speech balloons, photo filters, comic lettering, templates, shapes, shadows and effects.
4 1/2 Mice. "Comic Life stands out with a mixture of power and cuteness" - Macworld USA Sep 2011
5 out of 5. “Comic Life provides all the power and control you need to create dynamic, vibrant comics.” - Tap! The iPhone and iPad Magazine UK July 2011
5 out of 5. "Sets the standard for iPad developers: fun, easy to use and hugely impressive" - MacUser UK May 2011 issue
"Seriously this is 5 out of 5. Go get it" - geekpropaganda.net
"plasq have designed the user interface perfectly." - digmo.co.uk
Comic Life, the award winning photo comic creation software, has been redesigned for iOS. It’s the funnest, easiest and fastest way ever to create photo comics on a mobile device. Your comics come to life with our integrated reader on brilliant iOS displays. Easily go from taking photos to creating full comics all on one device with full page templates and panel layouts. Bring in photos from Photobooth or your library, and use our powerful editing and design tools to get exactly the look you want.
Comic Life 2.0 for iOS has everything you need for creating and sharing comics, including fun and quirky templates, stylized image filters, and an easy-to-use drag and drop placement. You have full control over the design of your comics with a huge selection design options – colors, fonts, gradients, balloons, captions, panels and more.
The Comic Life app is designed to parallel that of Apple’s iWork suite of apps, making it easy for you to transition your skills from Pages and Keynote to Comic Life. With similar tap functions and commands, it is simple to hit the ground running.
When your comic is complete, use the integrated reader to flip though the pages. You can also easily share your comic with other options: print, e-mail, or upload to Facebook and Twitter. Use the innovative In Tray option to share comics with nearby iOS devices. Comic collections provide a simple way to keep things tidy as the number of comics created on your iPad increases.
Comic Life 2.0 for iOS tools:
18 Adjustable Photo Filters
10 Templates with hundreds of panel layout options.
Fully customizable fill and borders for balloons, lettering, captions, panels and shapes
Customizable gradient builder
Over 60 font options
Load photos directly from photo library
Integrated camera feature to instantly add photos to your comic
Supports multi-page comics
Using Comic Life 2.0 for iOS you can:
- Read your comics with the integrated e-reader.
- Create photo comics in the full featured comic editor.
- Share your comics on Facebook, Twitter, via Mail and iTunes File Share.
- Transfer your comics to Mac or Windows and keep working with Comic Life 2 on your desktop or laptop.
- Send your comics to a printer on your wireless network.
- Exchange comics with other iOS devices through the innovative In Tray.
- Choose from full page layouts including panels, titles and captions along with complimentary styles for a professional look.
- Drag and Drop elements anywhere in your comic page.
- Easily add photos from your library with the Place Photo button in panels.
- Curve and place balloon tails precisely with advanced tail controls.
- Resize and rotate images, clip them in panels along with balloons, captions, and lettering.
- Create multilayered color gradients to design the perfect style for lettering, captions or background.
- Use smart shapes to add common shapes and the free from shape drawing tool to create any line or shape you can imagine.
- Work without worry of losing your creation as documents are automatically saved whenever a change is made.
January 16, 2014 New version 2.1.11
November 26, 2013 New version 2.1.10
November 18, 2013 New version 2.1.9
November 18, 2013 New version 2.1.8
November 18, 2013 New version 2.1.9
November 05, 2013 New version 2.1.8
April 28, 2011 Initial Release