Added support for iOS8.4.
Improved the user interface.
"RICOH Smart Presenter" is paperless meeting and presentation application for iPad/iPhone(iOS device).
• Synchronization among multiple iOS devices
Using Wi-Fi connection and synchronization, your document can be shared among multiple iOS devices.
(As you flip or zoom in/out your page using the application, the page on other iOS device and projector will be synchronized.)
• Changing between "Local mode" and "Share mode"
By using the switch button which is displayed on top, you can choose to make the document local or shared.
if you select "Local mode", the document is no more shared, and you can read the document as you like.
• Projector connection
This application is linked to Ricoh's projector wirelessly, so same page is displayed on screen. This application can also be linked to the projector via VGA cable. Mirroring function is enabled via VGA cable.
• All participants must use the same version of the software. No compatibility between different versions.
• Device: iPad Air(2nd/1st gen.), iPad(4th/3rd/2nd gen.), iPad mini(3rd/2nd/1st gen.), iPhone 6/6 Plus/5s/5c/5
• OS: iOS 7.0/7.1/8.0/8.1/8.2/8.3/8.4 This software cannot be installed on the earlier version.
• Network: Please check the specifications of your iOS device.
• The number of iOS devices in a Casual Meeting: Up to 10
• The number of Casual Meetings: Up to 5
• The number of documents for a Casual Meeting: Up to 3
• Total size of documents for a Casual Meeting: Up to 30 MB
• Data format: PDF (ver 1.5/1.4)
• Save document: 50 pages at a time
■When problems occured
Please check the following requirements and recommendations as well.
• Version of this application
Make sure that the same version of the application has been installed on all iOS devices.
*If you are using a different version of the application, you cannot participate in a meeting where another version is used. The meeting will not be displayed in the meeting list of the application.
• iOS Wi-Fi settings
Make sure that the following are true:
- Your iOS device and other device on which a meeting you can participate is held are members of the same broadcast domain.
- The Wi-Fi icon (radiating semi circle icon) appears at the top left of the iOS device Home screen.
- IP address is properly configured in your Wi-Fi network.
- There is no other preferred network settings. [Recommended]
*When there is another Wi-Fi environment specified as a preferred network, your iOS device may be unintentionally connected to that network.
- HTTP PROXY is configured correctly (For the network that uses proxy server only)
*If you still cannot participate in a meeting even after HTTP PROXY is configured correctly, set it to off and try again.
• Wireless access point/router
Make sure that privacy separator is set to off.
*You cannot participate in a meeting while privacy separator is set to on.
• Bluetooth on your iOS device
Bluetooth may interfere with Wi-Fi, which causes the network connection unstable. Make sure to set to off the Bluetooth settings. [Recommended]
• Wireless connection between your iOS device and projector
- Make sure that they are members of the same broadcast domain.
- When a projection screen is not synchronized in several minutes after your operation, please reboot the projector and retry to make the connection.
■Functional limitations on iPhone
• Cannot retrieve by meeting id/name from the Planned Meeting List Screen
• Cannot add new documents during a Casual Meeting
• Following 3 colors are not provided for Handwritten Notes: Trans Pink, Trans Light Blue, Trans Yellow
• Cannot change pen widths (at horizontal view)
• In saving documents, cannot display page thumbnails of a selected document only
• Cannot specify a projector by its IP address
- June 11, 2014 Initial release
- September 05, 2014 New version 1.6.0
- November 13, 2014 New version 1.6.1
- March 01, 2015 New version 1.6.2
- September 14, 2015 New version 1.7.0