Support for iOS9. ***If using iOS 9.0, please upgrade to iOS 9.1 or later, as iOS 9.0 sound issues will cause audio dropouts in the app***
Various other bug fixes.
Layout fixes for iPhone6+.
***FEATURING THE VOICE OF BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH***
***NOMINATED FOR TWO BAFTA GAME AWARDS 2012***
You’ve been stranded on a dying spacecraft, spiralling into a black hole … and then your problems really start. “The Nightjar” is an incredible ‘video game with no video,’ featuring the voice of Benedict Cumberbatch (Star Trek Into Darkness, Sherlock, War Horse).
You’ll have to see with your ears, using only sound to survive all that deep space has to throw at you — “The Nightjar” has world-beating sound design and incredible 3D audio technology. From the moment the crew of the Nightjar run for their lives (leaving you behind in a malfunctioning airlock), you’ll find yourself immersed in one of the most realistic game worlds ever created.
To progress, explore using only what you can hear to navigate. Deal with the surprises you meet as you move. Defeat ... well, you'll find out ...
CAN YOU BELIEVE YOUR LYING EARS?
***The game works on iPhone 4S,5,5C,6 and 6+ and iPad 3 upwards.***
“The Nightjar” may well be the best game ever made for headphones and is a sensory experience you’ll never forget, made by a team that’s won more than a dozen awards including BAFTA, IMGA, Sony, GSMA and D&AD awards.
The game is 100% accessible for those who typically use VoiceOver, too.
- April 26, 2013 Initial release
- May 10, 2013 New version 1.2.1
- July 05, 2013 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- July 07, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- November 01, 2013 New version 1.2.2
- November 03, 2014 New version 1.2.3
- November 03, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- November 07, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- November 21, 2014 New version 1.2.4
- December 12, 2014 New version 1.2.5
- February 19, 2016 New version 1.3