- Painting butter onto Slice of Bread would often paint white squares - that's not butter!
- Orientation of red sandals was incorrect on a page
"This is another phenomenal book app from Jelly Biscuits, makers of Food Fight!..." digital-storytime.com
Slice of Bread loves nothing more than hunting for treasure but his day on the beach does not turn out at all the way he'd planned. In a series of unfortunate mishaps, his day goes from bad to worse until he finds a treasure of a very different kind.
Slice of Bread goes to the Beach has been specially written, illustrated and voiced for the iPad and iPhone/iPod Touch by Glenn Melenhorst, and combined with Jellybiscuits' technical excellence has once again created an interactive experience to delight both young and old.
From the author: ‘After the success of Food Fight, I thought it only natural to follow a sausage story with a bread story:) Actually, Slice of bread was a story I have wanted to tell for a number of years so I'm glad I finally found the time to create the illustrations. I was particularly focused on building interactive elements that were part of the story.’
Jellybiscuits strives to bring a new, contemporary voice to the iPad, iPod and iPhone by publishing new works that speak to a new generation of children. The interactivity in Slice of Bread goes to the Beach is designed to enhance to story without getting in the way: to extend the exploration and entertainment of the story without obscuring the charm of the story itself.
- Studio recorded voice reading by the author of the book, Glenn Melenhorst, with word-by-word highlighting.
- Word-by-word narration - touch a word to have it read to you.
- Automatic page turn option to have the whole book read to you, alternatively reads to you as you turn to follow your lead.
- 3D interactive page turns
- High quality sound and motion.
- Rewritten Mini Map navigation for ease of jumping to pages
- June 04, 2014 Initial release