- minor cosmetic improvements
- minor bug fixes
Impress your friends by sharing your game result on Twitter, furthermore:
- improved the way the Snake moves
- fix of a rare bug that could cause a crash
- optimizations for older devices
App DescriptionPlay Snake like it is 1997. This is a remake of the original Snake, complete with dot-matrix display and monotone sounds.
It is as addictive (and frustrating) as the original, play Snake '97 and be prepared to lose some productive hours.
#1 IPHONE APP in: Austria, Belgium, Germany, Greece, Denmark, Finland, Israel, Italy, Norway, Poland, Spain, United Kingdom and Switzerland.
Featured in many other rankings in the rest of the world.
Simply launch the app, touch a button and start!
Snake '97 features:
- old school controls (or choose for big easy controls)
- original sounds
- 9 original and 3 extra difficulty levels
- 4 classic game modes (5110, 3210, 8210, 8850)
- 1 XL game mode (play snake full screen on your device)
- full support for iPad
- a high score that cannot be reset (just like the original)
- (optional)international leaderboard using Game Center
The story behind this game is that my iPhone got damaged, requiring me to revert back to an old phone. Suddenly I knew the iPhone was missing something and the idea for a accurate Snake remake was born.
Snake '97 is an homage to the classic mobile phone game programmed in 1997.
By carefully analyzing the classic gameplay, timing and controls, this Snake '97 remake is one of the most accurate available.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, feel free to contact me.
Have Snake fun!
Best regards from Amsterdam,
March 01, 2012 New version v3.1.1
February 24, 2012 New version 3.1
September 28, 2011 New version 3.0
September 01, 2011 New version 2.3
June 12, 2011 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
April 18, 2011 Initial Release