- Expanded species coverage to Eastern Canada, with 36 new species
- Fixed minor bugs
Leafsnap is the first in a series of electronic field guides being developed by researchers from Columbia University, the University of Maryland, and the Smithsonian Institution. This free mobile app uses visual recognition software to help identify tree species from photographs of their leaves.
Leafsnap contains beautiful high-resolution images of leaves, flowers, fruits, petioles, seeds, and bark to aid identification. These high-resolution images were created by the conservation organization Finding Species.
Leafsnap currently includes trees found in the Northeastern United States and Canada. The inclusion of Canadian trees is through collaboration with the Canadian Wildlife Federation, with support from TD Friends of the Environment Foundation.
- June 08, 2015 New version 1.07
- February 17, 2015 New version 1.06
- May 16, 2011 New version 1.05
- May 10, 2011 New version 1.04