148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: THE GRID :: Read Our Full Review >>
This new take on futuristic racing may not replace old standards, but it's worth playing nonetheless.
What's New- Made compatible with iOS 7
App Description"Spacehopper has distilled the fun and chaos of combat-focused racing games like Mario Kart and Wipeout into a 2D side-scrolling affair that works tremendously well on the touchscreen." (TouchArcade)
"...its skilful fusion of racing and side-scrolling shooting comes off beautifully, making it one of the most interesting games of its kind on the App Store." (PockerGamer 8/10)
"...this is a game that belongs in your iOS library." (SlideToPlay 4/4)
Snake your way through the galaxy’s finest race tracks, and charge to victory in some of the coolest ships known to man. Quick thinking and faster reactions are the order of the day. Race tactically; throw off homing missiles with decoy mines or risk the tight fast route to pull a chain-boosted lead then claim your victory from the tournament BOSS as you take him out with a Laser blast…
Can you take your place at the top podium on every event and become a true Delta-V Legend?
• Race against friend’s Ghosts in all 36 events – watch them crash and burn!
• 4 tournaments split across 36 events, all with multiple routes to victory.
• 7 distinct event types including Race, Elimination, Collector, Time Trials...
• 8 awesome offensive and defensive power ups (Cannon, Spread, Laser, Mine, Missiles, Force Field, Boost, Phase Shift.
• Work your way through 8 unique ships, each with different performance, defence, and loadout capabilities.
• Advanced AI that is just waiting for you to slip up.
• Precise controls that have been designed from the ground up for touch screens.
• A totally original, thumping soundtrack by (UK Industrial Breakbeat legend) DeathBoy.
• Game Center achievements and leaderboards.
• Cloud saving. Uses your Game Center ID to keep your progress across multiple devices.
• Get that quick adrenaline fix or settle in for a full-on, nerve fraying session.
• Full Retina support (iPhone and iPad)!
November 11, 2013 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
October 02, 2013 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
September 26, 2013 New version 1.0.2
September 01, 2013 New version 1.0.1
July 25, 2013 Initial Release