What's New- Virtual cache support.
- Additional language support.
- Various bug fixes.
App DescriptionOpenCaching is the official geocaching app for OpenCaching.com, a geocaching community powered by the user, for the user. With this app, you get the full OpenCaching.com experience right in the palm of your hands. Easily find, hide, log and share caches right from your iPhone®.
• Get a friendly introduction to geocaching
• Search for nearby geocaches
• Filter caches based on cache type, difficulty, terrain, size and awesomeness
• See caches right on the map (street map or satellite view)
• Read cache descriptions, logs, and hints
• Navigate to the cache using compass view
• Log caches as “found” right from the app
• Mark caches as “favorites” for easy reference
• Share caches via email or text message
• Access your complete OpenCaching account
• Hide caches from your phone
Search & Start Caching:
Just open the app and click ‘Find Cache’. The nearest caches will automatically appear in street map or satellite view. The handy bulls-eye rating system lets you easily see a cache’s size, ruggedness of terrain, difficulty to find and overall “awesomeness” before you start searching. Simply select a cache that’s right for you and hit 'Go' to begin finding it – compass view will point the way.
Log, Share and Hide Caches:
Log caches the moment you find them using this app, or write up a few quick comments and save it as a draft to come back to later. Share your most spectacular hides and finds with your friends through email or by text message. The app even lets you upload new caches that you hide.
July 28, 2011 New version 1.2
April 28, 2011 Initial Release