This update renames the app to "foodgawker lite" to differentiate it from the NEW and improved "foodgawker" universal app. This original iPhone app, "foodgawker lite", remains free and provides access to all posts.
* Added Pinterest pinning
* iOS 7 visual improvements
* Fixed back button display in iOS 7.1
* Fixed app crashes
* Increased minimum iOS version to 5.0
*** Featured on TODAY show - app of the week! ***
** This is the lite version. Check out the NEW and improved "foodgawker" app with infinite scrolling, ability to jump back to any page, improved design and much more! **
Why keyword search for recipes? Let your eyes discover what you want by browsing tens of thousands of beautifully photographed food images.
This iPhone app is the mobile companion to foodgawker.com, a photo gallery that allows you to visually search and discover new recipes, techniques and ingredients to inspire your culinary adventures. We publish food photography submitted by food bloggers from around the world. Our editors review hundreds of submissions daily and choose the highest quality, most appealing images to showcase.
We realize once you get hooked on gawking at mouth-watering food photos, you'll need to constantly feed your eyes. To accommodate this addiction, we publish new images multiple times a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year! Thanks to the thousands of incredible food bloggers who submit to the site, we have an extensive archive of recipes that you can visually browse and search by keyword, category and popularity.
To get more details about a photo, simply tap the image and you'll be taken to the submitter's blog post where you'll find a recipe, read a restaurant review or learn about new food trends. If you register and create an account with us, you will be able to save your favorite photos/recipes by tapping on the heart icon.
- VISUALLY BROWSE food photos by latest submissions, popular posts (most clicked/most favorited), category or your marked favorites.
- DISCOVER recipes, restaurant reviews and new trends from thousands of food bloggers.
- SEARCH food and drink recipes by keyword and see a photo of the finished product.
- SAVE photos to your personal favorites screen.
- SYNC favorites between the mobile app and foodgawker.com.
- SHARE your favorite photos with friends via Facebook, Twitter, e-mail, Tumblr and more.
-SHAKE your device to randomize on any thumbnail photo screen
- April 18, 2014 New version 1.5
- April 05, 2014 New version 1.4
- March 16, 2014 New version 1.3
- March 09, 2013 New version 1.2.4
- February 05, 2013 New version 1.2.3
- October 10, 2012 New version 1.2.2
- April 24, 2012 Initial release