This maintenance release brings important compatibility changes for OS X El Capitan. The synchronization between Macs and to iOS devices is faster and more reliable. In addition, importing and indexing files is up to twice as fast as before. Importing notes from Evernote better handles attachments and always imports images. This update brings many more improvements, too, and fixes bugs and glitches.
NOTE: Starting with this version DEVONthink Personal requires OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.5.
CHANGES FOR OS X EL CAPITAN
- Support for App Transport Security.
- Fixed glitches during drag-and-drop on icon views.
- Fixed fullscreen document window handling.
- Fixed issues with launch and progress panels not showing.
- "Reset Fill Color" added to PDF annotations panel.
- Import from Evernote groups all attachments, cross-links the attachments, and always imports images regardless how the note was originally created by Evernote.
- Synchronization (both Mac/Mac and Mac/iOS) is faster and more reliable.
- Importing and indexing is up to twice as fast depending on metadata and filesize. DEVONthink Personal uses the hidden .DS_Store files instead of AppleScript to read Spotlight comments.
- PDF history requires less "Go > Back" actions.
- Videos in web views support fullscreen viewing.
- PDF printing support.
- Accessibility support of navigation bar.
- Rebuilding retains all dates, e.g. to improve synchronization afterwards.
- Automatically updated user agent of web views should be more compatible to modern websites (especially on OS X Yosemite or El Capitan).
- Faster creation of Web archives and HTML previews of third-party file formats.
- About two times faster sorting by location.
- Faster reloading of user interface.
- Fullscreen window handling.
- Handling of split view of "Search" windows in widescreen mode.
- Handling of filesystem events.
- Optimized resolving of aliases.
- MultiMarkdown engine updated to version 4 and SkimNotes framework to version 1.3.3.
- Memory consumption.
- Overall reliability and performance.
- Many issues related to synchronization.
- Email messages without a subject couldn't be dragged from Apple Mail to DEVONthink Personal.
- Up/down arrow keys couldn't be used to navigate the selection when the Quick Look panel is the key window.
- Dragging both groups and their subgroups to the Finder created duplicate folders.
- Glitches of date columns depending on selected list font.
- Issues of preferences of text and background colors of PDF annotations.
- Glitch of Activity panel.
- Rare reloading issue of windows and views.
- "Kind is HTML page" condition of smart groups and advanced searches returned also formatted notes.
- It was possible to duplicate or move items with missing files.
- Import of Evernote notes containing attached bookmark files (e.g. .webloc).
- Optional "Scripts > Export > Export to Bookends" script.
- PDF documents were not always released after closing windows or tabs.
- Crash in case of broken workspaces.
- Further minor bugs and glitches.
- 32-bit support.
Information overload — Swamped by paper, emails, notes? Meet DEVONthink — designed to manage and organize all those disparate pieces of information that are so important to your work or studies. As you become more experienced with DEVONthink and its easy, intuitive interface, you will quickly find more exciting ways of using your data.
What DEVONthink Personal does for you:
- DEVONthink stores your documents, scanned papers, notes, bookmarks, etc. in one place. Access live web pages seamlessly from within DEVONthink to review and extract further information.
- Create RTF documents, edit them in full screen, and use smart templates to quickly add pre-styled documents. Clip data from other applications using drag-and-drop, services, or the Dock menu.
- Edit images, cross-reference documents, and annotate PDF documents using standard PDF annotations.
- Search, classify, and show relationships between your documents (automatically and language-independently) with the help of Artificial Intelligence.
- Take all your important documents with you on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with DEVONthink To Go.
- Store and view many file formats including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, OpenOffice.org, Apple iWork, Skim, Mellel, and all file formats supported by Quicklook.
- Scan your papers with your scan software and file them in your database.
- Search your database also directly from Spotlight.
Based on DEVONsphere®.
- June 11, 2014 Initial release
- September 16, 2015 New version 2.8.6
- October 21, 2015 New version 2.8.7
- November 28, 2015 Price decrease: $49.99 -> $36.99