What's NewThis maintenance release prepares DEVONthink Personal for the upcoming sync technology, introduces the new Activity panel, brings interface and usability enhancements, and fixes some minor bugs and glitches. It is recommended for all users of DEVONthink Personal.
- Activity panel.
- Copy Frame Link contextual menu command for movies.
- View option View > Columns > Aliases and sorting option View > Sorting > By Aliases.
- Number of items in groups and smart groups is now displayed right aligned and gray.
- Creating new documents in Tags view adds them either to the currently selected group tag or to the inbox of the database and tags them with the currently selected (ordinary) tag(s).
- Double-clicking on entries in the Log panel reveals them or shows them in the Finder if possible.
- Handling of Quick Look panel on OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and later.
- Data > See Also > Classify can now also be used when the drawer is already visible, e.g. to close it using the keyboard shortcut.
- Reliability when inserting links and attachments into rich text documents.
- Memory management.
- Overall reliability and performance.
- Two issues with tabbed document windows.
- Dragging linked images from Safari stored them as bookmarks since the latest Safari updates.
- Bookmarks to pages of PDF documents didn't always work on OS X 10.7 Lion.
- Duplicate shortcuts in Format popup menu of Clip to DEVONthink panel.
- Empty folders were not always deleted e.g. after deleting indexed items.
- Some minor user interface issues on OS X 10.7 Lion.
- Smart groups using Item contains aliases were not always automatically updated.
- Mouse cursor did not show as arrow over popup and clear buttons of search fields.
- Reordering items in ordinary tags (inside the Tags group) wasn't possible in unsorted views.
- Send by Email commands were not disabled if no documents were selected.
- Using services or Clip to DEVONthink could cause issues while synchronizing with DEVONthink To Go.
- Spotlight metadata cache didn't always contain all files.
- Minor bugs and glitches.
App DescriptionInformation overload â€” Swamped by paper, emails, notes? Meet DEVONthink â€” designed to manage and organize all those disparate pieces of information that are so important to your work or studies. As you become more experienced with DEVONthink and its easy, intuitive interface, you will quickly find more exciting ways of using your data.
What DEVONthink Personal does for you:
-Â DEVONthink stores your documents, scanned papers, notes, bookmarks, etc. in one place. Access live web pages seamlessly from within DEVONthink to review and extract further information.
- Create RTF documents, edit them in full screen, and use smart templates to quickly add pre-styled documents. Clip data from other applications using drag-and-drop, services, or the Dock menu.
- Edit images, cross-reference documents, and annotate PDF documents using standard PDF annotations.
- Search, classify, and show relationships between your documents (automatically and language-independently) with the help of Artificial Intelligence.
- Take all your important documents with you on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with DEVONthink To Go.
- Store and view many file formats including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, OpenOffice.org, Apple iWork, Skim, Mellel, and all file formats supported by Quicklook.
- Scan your papers with your scan software and file them in your database.
- Search your database also directly from Spotlight.
Based on DEVONsphereÂ®.
November 22, 2012 Price Decrease: $49.99 -> $36.99
May 09, 2012 New version 2.3.4
March 30, 2012 Price Decrease: $49.99 -> $36.99
February 29, 2012 New version 2.3.3
April 01, 2011 Initial Release