What's NewThis maintenance release brings many convenience features such as automatically showing and hiding the "Activity" panel or converting images to rich text documents. The update improves the overall reliability, and fixes a number of glitches. The update is recommended for all users.
- Converting images to rich text (RTFD), see "Data > Convert".
- PDF forms with entered data can now be saved if supported by OS ', e.g., on Mavericks.
- ".srt" added to list of known plain text extensions.
- "Edit" command added to contextual menus of image views, opens the "Image Edit" panel.
- "New Group" button added to "Take Note" and "Clip to DEVONthink" panels.
- "Activity" panel is now automatically shown or hidden.
- Updating indexed items supports Mavericks tags.
- More reliable thumbnailing of QuickTime movies on Mavericks.
- The size of PDF documents is now displayed in centimeters, inches etc. instead of in pixels.
- Saving modified images retains format, dpi resolution, and other properties if possible.
- Support for OpenMeta, e.g. in case of invalid data.
- Reliability of creating thumbnails using Quick Look.
- Error handling of "File > Import > References from Bookends" and "File > Import > Notes from Evernote".
- Handling of "Activity" panel in fullscreen mode.
- Overall performance and reliability.
- Mavericks tags entered via the title bar of documents or via save panels were not yet supported.
- PDF scrolling issue on Mavericks.
- Sorter wasn't always visible on Mavericks depending on System Preferences and truncated too long names of dropped files.
- âŒƒControl-Tab didn't work in the Sorter's "Take Note" pane.
- Minor synchronization issues.
- Glitches of image views, e.g., zooming to actual size.
- Worked around issue of Evernote and EvernoteHelper breaking scripts.
- After repairing a database the fixes were not always immediately saved to disk.
- Further minor bugs and glitches.
- "Open With" and "Get Info" options from contextual menus if nothing is selected.
App DescriptionInformation overload â€” Swamped by paper, emails, notes? Meet DEVONthink â€” designed to manage and organize all those disparate pieces of information that are so important to your work or studies. As you become more experienced with DEVONthink and its easy, intuitive interface, you will quickly find more exciting ways of using your data.
What DEVONthink Personal does for you:
-Â DEVONthink stores your documents, scanned papers, notes, bookmarks, etc. in one place. Access live web pages seamlessly from within DEVONthink to review and extract further information.
- Create RTF documents, edit them in full screen, and use smart templates to quickly add pre-styled documents. Clip data from other applications using drag-and-drop, services, or the Dock menu.
- Edit images, cross-reference documents, and annotate PDF documents using standard PDF annotations.
- Search, classify, and show relationships between your documents (automatically and language-independently) with the help of Artificial Intelligence.
- Take all your important documents with you on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with DEVONthink To Go.
- Store and view many file formats including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, OpenOffice.org, Apple iWork, Skim, Mellel, and all file formats supported by Quicklook.
- Scan your papers with your scan software and file them in your database.
- Search your database also directly from Spotlight.
Based on DEVONsphereÂ®.
January 29, 2014 New version 2.7.3
January 12, 2014 New version 2.7.2
November 28, 2013 Price Decrease: $49.99 -> $34.99
November 22, 2012 Price Decrease: $49.99 -> $36.99
May 09, 2012 New version 2.3.4
April 01, 2011 Initial Release