We've listened to our users and here it is – Tax Receipt Log’s latest version, with some improvements and a fix or two.
Firstly, we have made the app faster with cleaner neater code in the background. But you don’t need to worry about that – we just thought you might like to know. You’ll have a little extra time up your sleeve.
More importantly we have added some functionality and user options that you have asked for.
1. Change the Date: You can change the date when you enter a receipt. For those of us who do not enter the receipt at the checkout (naughty naughty), but do it the next night as we fly home, we can now change the date!
2. Categories will now automatically re flow to appear in Alphabetical order as well as putting the most frequently used at the top.
Note: We had some enquiry about deleting categories. Remember that as TRL is a database at its heart, it will not let you delete a category if it has an entry in it.
So if you need to delete a category – Check out FAQ or just go to Settings and export everything (as a backup) then delete all the entries under that category then you can delete it as well.
3. New Database structure. This makes the app more robust and also fixes a bug that came to light thanks to our users keeping in touch. Some pics got "lost" when you went interstate. They were still there - just misplaced. This is now fixed.
This new version will use the new database structure by default but it will still read and work with the old database and find "lost" photos as well (backward compatibility).
All new receipts and any receipts that are modified (if you change the date) will be saved into the new database.
At every start up the app will check if you still have data in the old database structure. If you do then TRL will recommend that you transfer all data from the old database to the new one. (PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE back up before you say “yes”. For Justin (Case)) If you accept, then all the data will be transferred and the old database will be deleted. If you decline, then TRL will work with both databases simultaneously.
The old database will be deleted only if it has no receipts left in it. You will not lose data.
4. We did rigorous iOS5 Testing. TRL passed. BTW it works on iPads as well!
Oh yes - we also added a "please ‘Like’ us" on Facebook button. Please like us (pathetic, we know, but we, like so many, have been sucked into the Social Network void).
We also have added a please "Rate us" button. Both will go away and we promise not nag you more than twice.
We know almost everyone who buys Tax Receipt Log uses it regularly and faithfully updates. There are literally thousands of users now so we really would like to get some good ratings going. This will help us drive further improvements.
Remember, if you have a suggestion or query or anything, stay in touch. You can find us via email email@example.com , Twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/TaxReceiptLog) and Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tax-Receipt-Log/115151718574570). We will get back to you.
That’s all for now. We hope you enjoy the new version.
Pay less Tax - record every receipt! with TRL.
Now filling in your tax expense claims is a synch!
It takes 15 seconds. Done. Sorted. Forgotten - until you email the files to your tax accountant without ever touching the receipts again.
Magic? We know!
Tax Receipt Log is fast, simple and easy to use. It has user editable categories. It emails the completed file with a photo of each receipt (original documentation) to whoever you need to send it to.
Check the "How To" video for a quick tutorial or the User guide at http://www.taxreceiptlog.com/user-guide.php - or simply open the App, choose "Take Photo" and take a snap of your receipt, (I do it right there at the check out - that way I get GPS location of my purchase).
Next, type in the total cost. Click "Save" and you are all done, in less than 15 seconds.
If you want, you can also choose a Category for the expense, as well as add Notes or record a Voice Memo. Do it all at once, if you have time, or add details later at your leisure!
Tax Receipt Log records all of the data in a spreadsheet compatible file along with the photos and any notes or voice memos. This file can later be emailed to whoever you choose with all the photos, notes and memos attached.
The accounts department will love you!
That’s it. The job is done. No need to hunt for lost bits of paper, no more searching through credit card statements wondering what that charge was for. No need to ever be late submitting a travel claim again.
- August 19, 2011 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- August 24, 2011 New version 1.2
- August 27, 2011 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- September 02, 2011 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- September 27, 2011 New version 1.3
- March 02, 2012 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- March 03, 2012 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- April 10, 2012 New version 1.4
- May 19, 2012 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99