Enhancements and bug fixes:
- Fixed an issue with popover animation on different resolution monitors.
- Fixed an issue where screen wouldn't always be covered with multiple monitors.
- Improved menu item animation.
- Improved popup time granularity.
- Improved accessibility.
(5 / 5) Mac Format: "Pretty much perfect for anyone who rarely remembers to take regular breaks from office tasks"
(4.5 / 5) MacWorld: "BreakTime's simplicity and elegance make it possibly the best designed app of its class"
BreakTime is a simple Mac utility that's designed to help you remember to take breaks away from your computer. It never forgets a break, running in your dock and / or menu bar (or even in the background).
Spending hours in front of your Mac everyday isn't healthy. A study from the American Cancer Society (http://pressroom.cancer.org/index.php?s=43&item=257) has linked extended periods of sitting with an increased risk of death. Unfortunately for many of us, quitting the computer isn't an option.
Using BreakTime reduces the continuous time you spend sitting in front of a computer. Standing up, getting your blood pumping and looking around may reduce the effects of long periods of sitting on your body and eyes.
With an option to 'enforce' breaks, BreakTime can also help overcome break skipping. With 'enforce' enabled, BreakTime won't allow you to work on anything else until you've finished your entire break.
BreakTime gives you quick access to the things you need to manage your breaks. Use the BreakTime status bar item to reschedule breaks with a drag of the mouse. Or swiftly disable BreakTime so that you can watch a movie without interruption. BreakTime makes it easy to get what you need done and then gets out of your way.
BreakTime uses Magic Rescheduling™ technology to actively monitor your keyboard and mouse usage and intelligently reschedule breaks when it thinks you've taken them. If it detects you've been away for a while, it will reschedule your break when you return. It's almost magic.
A lot of thought was put into designing BreakTime. If you're going to be interrupted by something multiple times a day, it sure better look good. So we pushed a lot of pixels before we came up with the final design.
We also added subtle effects to make the experience that much more enjoyable. Before BreakTime appears it shows you a 10 second warning in the menu bar. When it activates it slowly darkens your screen. It's the little things.
- Clean, simple and attractive interface.
- Set the length and time between breaks.
- Easily postpone breaks if you're in the middle of something important.
- Quick access through status bar item.
- Magic Rescheduling™ automatically reschedules breaks when you've left your computer.
- Optionally enforce breaks by disabling access to other programs.
IF YOU'RE HAVING TROUBLE WITH BREAKTIME, PLEASE EMAIL US AT [email protected] FOR HELP.
- June 16, 2014 Initial release