• Updated calculations for the new 2016/17 tax year
• Reflected changes announced in the March 2016 Budget
• Added support for the Post-2012 Student Loan scheme
• NEW: Updated Air Passenger Duty Child Age (from March 2016)
3-IN-1: UK Salary Tax Calculator + Tax Rates Reference Guide + VAT Calculator • No Internet Connection Required • Featured on BBC Radio 4 & Sunday Times
Unlike some free tax calculator apps, Tax Tool has all calculations and data built-in, so there's no need for an internet connection - use it anytime and anywhere, even if you don't have a signal!
Includes latest 2016/17 tax rates, and goes back seven tax years.
Reached No.1 in UK Finance Charts.
• Perform Reverse Salary Calculations for working out your target salary from the take-home pay you need - useful for job interviews and pay rise negotiations
• View a pocket guide of key UK tax rates, limits and allowances, including Income Tax, National Insurance, Capital Gains Tax, Stamp Duty Land Tax and Pension Schemes
• Email your results, including a breakdown of the calculation, for sharing or backup purposes
"There's a reason for the high review scores posted for this app...it is an extremely well designed and thought out app."
"Brilliant app. Just saved me £160. Email and print give a very clear printed breakdown."
"This app is easy to use...I rarely write app reviews, but this one deserves all the praise it gets..."
"Outstanding - one of the best personal finance apps available."
Tax Tool is designed for UK taxpayers in paid employment, using the Pay-As-You-Earn (PAYE) system of automatic tax deduction.
The app was inspired by the quality of Apple's own apps. It was designed to be comprehensive, but also to be very easy to use and input information, with immediate results.
Choose to enter as much or as little as you want: accuracy is improved if you enter more information and if you enter your Tax Code, but it still gives a useful rough guide if you enter none of these.
A key feature is that it can perform reverse salary calculations. You can enter your desired take-home pay (what you need to receive, after payroll taxes are deducted, to cover your everyday lifestyle) and Tax Tool will instantly work out the salary needed to achieve that target. You can easily flip between these to work out net pay from gross salary or vice-versa.
The app also performs UK VAT calculations, and contains a handy reference for UK tax rates, limits and allowances.
Quick and simple: this is not designed to be a replacement for a full tax return (it doesn’t ask for full details on all your financial affairs), but it does provide a quick and useful estimate of the amount you will receive in your pay packet.
• Instant calculations as you type
• Doesn't need an Internet connection
• Shows a detailed breakdown of the calculations, including Income Tax paid at each band
• Flexible periods: enter and view results annually, monthly, four weekly, fortnightly, weekly, daily or hourly
• Calculates your National Insurance contributions, as well as your employer's
• Includes a VAT calculator, with reverse function
• Calculates PAYE tax for tax years 2016/17, 2015/16, all the way back to 2009/10
• Provides an instant rough guide. Enter optional settings to improve accuracy
• Works with iOS 9 (and prior versions from iOS 6.1 onwards).
Optional Settings available:
• High Income Child Benefit Charge estimation
• Tax Codes - recognises L, M, N, K, T, P, Y, BR, D0, D1, NT, 0T, M1 and W1 codes
• Contributions to company pensions (as a percentage or fixed amount). Also supports salary sacrifice pensions and contributions taken from net pay
• Childcare Vouchers
• Student Loan repayments (Pre Sept 2012 and Post Sept 2012 schemes supported)
• Overtime and Bonuses (as a percentage or fixed amount)
• Tax deductions
• Contributions to charities
• Salary sacrifice (three types)
• Regular deductions from net pay
• Ability to switch off National Insurance calculations if State Pension Age reached.
- October 22, 2011 New version 2.1
- October 25, 2011 New version 2.2
- December 22, 2011 New version 3.0
- January 31, 2012 New version 3.1
- March 29, 2012 New version 3.2
- September 27, 2012 New version 3.3
- October 05, 2012 New version 3.4
- December 19, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- December 24, 2012 New version 4.0
- December 24, 2012 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- January 08, 2013 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- January 12, 2013 New version 4.0.1
- May 17, 2013 New version 4.1
- July 19, 2013 New version 4.2
- January 20, 2014 New version 5.0
- May 15, 2014 New version 5.1
- January 27, 2015 New version 5.3
- September 23, 2015 New version 6.0
- March 22, 2016 New version 7.0
- July 09, 2016 New version 7.1