- Guided reading
- Double page reading
- Figure display
- Add note
- pop-up captions
● AN ART BOOK OPTIMIZED FOR IPAD ●
● Images of unsurpassed quality: very high resolution up to 21M pixels, colorimetry verified by museum curators, low compression ●
On the occasion of the great CRANACH AND HIS TIME exhibition presented at the Musée du Luxembourg à Paris, la Rmn - Grand Palais, presents this e-album available on iPad.
- 40 masterpieces in HD
- zoom up to x5
- 4 vidéos
- exclusive notices
-- user instructions --
1. Read the album either vertically or horizontally
2. Flip through the pages by sliding your finger horizontally
3. Zoom in by clicking on the artworks, texts or videos
4. Show / hide the navigation interface by clicking on any white zone
-- Summary --
Originally from the small town of Kronach, north-west of the current Bavaria, which he derives his name, the painter, engraver and artist Lucas Cranach the Elder (1422-1553) is one of the major artists of the German Renaissance.
After successfully started his career in Vienna in 1500, the artist settled in the court of the Elector of Saxony, Frederick III the Wise and made many portraits, religious paintings and mythological paintings.
At the time of Luther's Reformation, Cranach puts all his talents at the service of religious and political ideas of Frederick III, creating representations of models for teaching the new faith, developing a unique relationship between Scripture and image.
This album shows how, through his art and his erudition, Cranach invents "a new way of looking for a new way of believing".
-- Summary --
Lucas Cranach, the road to succes
In the service of the Elector Frederick
Cranach court painter
The revival of Antiquity
The tormented friar Brother Martin
Luther vs. Rome
Luther and the image
A new way of seeing for a new way of believing
The image and the world
The portrait as witness
Pastor or married man: images of Luther
In praise of famous women
Judith and Lucretia
Resisting the tyrant
The Augsburg Confession
Salome, the anti-heroine
-- The author --
Lecturer in Modern History at the University of Grenoble II, Naima Ghermani is a specialist in cultural and religious history of the Holy Roman Empire.
-- The publisher --
The RMN Grand-Palais is one of the leading art publishers in Europe.
As part of temporary exhibitions, cultural events and museums' permanent collections, it publishes and distributes books, supports the arts and crafts, imagines new editorial products, particularly in the areas of audiovisual and multimedia.
Among its many activities, it offers the services of a photo agency that provides unmatched quality reproductions of works of art for the paper editions and multimedia.
Powered by Aquafadas
- December 19, 2011 New version 1.1
- January 22, 2014 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $0.99
- January 23, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $5.99
- January 31, 2014 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $0.99
- February 01, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $5.99
- February 19, 2014 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $0.99
- February 20, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $5.99
- March 03, 2014 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $0.99
- March 04, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $5.99
- March 15, 2014 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $0.99
- March 16, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $5.99
- April 10, 2014 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $0.99
- April 11, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $5.99
- April 23, 2014 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $0.99
- April 24, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $5.99
- June 24, 2014 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $1.99
- June 26, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $5.99