- A Major Bug Fix for iPod touch
This app contains 211 traditional Japanese stencil patterns. You are able to replace the colors of the patterns to create your own designs. This app can be used as a reference for your design work, as a tool to learn about Japanese traditional design, or as a tool to create your own wallpaper.
-How to use this app
* You can browse more than 211 Japanese stencil patterns.
* You can replace the colors of the patterns and create your own design.
* You can choose colors from "Japanese Traditional Colors (54 colors)", "Color Picker", and "My Palette".
* The design you created can be saved in "My Folder" within the app, post to Twitter, or export to photo library and use as a wallpaper.
One of the traditional methods of Japanese textile dyeing is done with paper stencils that are themselves works of art. Paper stencils are made using fine-quality Mino paper coated with persimmon tannin and dried. Then designs are cut into the paper by hand with small chisels. The most elaborate stencils may have as many as ninety cuts in a three-centimeter-square space. Craftsmen employ their supreme skills and artistic sensitivity to produce paper stencils of marvelous beauty. It is hoped that this collection of exquisite paper stencils, which reflect the unique Japanese aesthetic of beauty and special feeling for the seasons, will serve as an inspiration for artists working in many other art and craft genres.
Purchaser of this app, regardless of being an individual person or corporate entity, is permitted to use the materials of Japanese stencil designs for personal purposes. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for commercial purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of this work in other works must be obtained from SEIGENSHA, Ltd..
Contents created by SEIGENSHA, Ltd.
App developed by Excite Japan Co., Ltd.
- June 06, 2014 Initial release
- April 13, 2015 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $4.99