The Selected Stories of T.S. Spivet is a groundbreaking novel told through text and hundreds of deeply detailed original drawings, featured here with digital enhancements that expand the world of the book.
When twelve-year-old genius cartographer T.S. Spivet receives an unexpected phone call from the Smithsonian announcing he has won the prestigious Baird Award, life as normal-if you consider mapping dinner table conversations normal-is interrupted and a wild cross-country adventure begins, taking T.S. from his family home just north of Divide, Montana, to the museum's hallowed halls in Washington D.C. The story is accompanied by hundreds of drawings that provide readers with a glimpse of T.S.’s extraordinary mind.
Enter more deeply into the richly imagined world of T.S. Spivet with this amplified edition, where T.S.’s personal journals come to life, offering the reader multiple pathways into his story. Readers can unlock a secret journal if they upload their own drawing. A select group of drawings from readers will be posted within the app for other readers to find. With opportunities for interaction on every page, navigating through the text becomes a journey much like T.S.’s own.
The app includes:
- Birds-eye view navigation: Users can navigate through the chapters in a visual way by using the slider on the main menu.
- Selected Marginalia can be manipulated and shared through Facebook and email.
- A secret notebook unlocks to reveal hidden content when you upload your own drawing.
- Ability to make color-coded annotations throughout
- Original video clips
- June 13, 2014 Initial release