Friends Aloud Lite is a personalized “News Radio” that can broadcast your friends’ news directly to you. Friends Aloud Lite reads your Facebook news feed aloud so that you can stay connected with your friends anytime, anywhere. Using state of the art text-to-speech technology, you can listen hands-free to everything your friends post in a soothing voice when you’re driving, walking, working out, or just relaxing.
MacWorld said, "Facebook has been striving to be all things to all people: an e-mail service, a newspaper, even a place to share videos. But it hasn't been a radio station—until now."
Wall Street Journal said, "If you need to be abreast of the updates that continually bombard your Facebook account, a new iPhone application has been released called Friends Aloud which might help you stay on top of all those updates, by reading the your Facebook updates out loud to you."
Appolicious said, "If keeping up with your Facebook news feed is so important to you that you do dumb things like read it while driving, Friends Aloud Lite can make your life safer while making sure you don't miss a status."
Friends Aloud Lite features:
• Read aloud your latest 10 Facebook news feed posts and their comments in a pleasant, easy-to-understand voice
• Display each post on the screen
• Tap the displayed posts and comments to listen to posts at random
• Intuitive play, pause, and skip forward/back buttons just like the iPod
• Understand and read some common computer jargon such as smiley faces, texting-style abbreviations (LOL, ROTFLMAO, etc.)
• Mute posts from friends or “liked pages” that you prefer to skip
• Use standard Facebook login to connect with your friends
• Number of comments read can be limited to none, the latest 5, 10, 20, or a maximum of 50
• Read headlines of links, photo albums, and videos
• Refresh and read aloud the latest 10 posts as many times as you like
• Displays ad banners along the bottom of the screen
Why use Friends Aloud?
• Listen to your friends’ postings while driving, walking, in a meeting, at work, anywhere your eyes are otherwise occupied
• Keep your eyes on the road so that you don’t get pulled over for “texting while driving” or – worse – cause an accident
• Relax your eyes by listening to, instead of reading, your friends’ news
If you like Friends Aloud Lite, please check out the more-capable Friends Aloud Pro. It is advertising-free and allows you to read more than the latest 10 new feed posts – after reading all of the new posts since you last checked your News Feed, it will stay quiet until new posts arrive, thereby allowing you to concentrate on other tasks, yet still stay in touch with your friends throughout your entire day. It can also continue reading aloud while in the background (like your iPod can keep playing music), so that you can do other things on your iPhone and still keep up with your friends’ news.
Join our Facebook and Twitter: