* This update adds the ability to record your own audio/voiceover straight into your project.
* And teachers now have a range of helpful classroom resources built right into the app.
Plus... all the great features that make Smoovie the perfect tool for effortless stop motion animation in the classroom: instant playback, scenes and frames, onion skinning, adding music, sharing and more ...
Smoovie is a professional, innovative animation app that brings the creative power of stop motion to classrooms, families and animators around the world.
Simple and intuitive to use, it has all the features that pupils need to be as creative as they like without having to struggle with over-complicated software. And as a final touch, audio recording means that pupils can add their very own narration, giving their projects even deeper learning value.
Pupils and teachers are our priority, and our in-app teacher resources give easy access to downloadable PDFs, example lesson plans and stop motion animation ideas … everything you need to get your class up and running!
** Used by Apple Distinguished Educators around the world. **
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Instant Playback - No rendering means you can instantly play back your work each time you make a change to your project, without having to wait.
In-app Teacher Resources - Download and print right from inside the app. Storyboard, scene script, character profile, set design and props list templates. Example cross-curriculum lesson plans and stop motion animation techniques all ensure you have enough resources to get your pupils planning their projects and animating in no time.
Onion Skinning - Possibly the most important feature of a stop motion animation app. It helps the animator to perfect the tiny adjustments required between frames and create the illusion of smooth motion in the finished movie. The live camera feed is made semi-transparent and superimposed onto the previous frame taken, so it's easy to see where to place your objects for the next shot.
Record your own voiceover or import a soundtrack - Pupils can plan and record their own audio right into their project, or browse the iPad’s music library to choose the perfect soundtrack.
Scenes - Arranging content into scenes is a fundamental part of the professional film-making process, and Smoovie is the only stop motion app that lets you do this. Each scene has an independently adjustable playback speed (from 1 to 30 frames per second) allowing you to vary the pace and mood of your animation. You can add new scenes, cut unwanted scenes, capture new action into existing scenes and drag scenes around to change the running order - all with full undo support so you're safe to experiment.
Frames Filmstrip - With a quick swipe gesture you move from the scene list to the virtual filmstrip which contains all the individual frames of the project, arranged by scene. Another fundamental part of professional film-making is the ability to edit projects right down at individual frame level. Cut, copy and paste frames, drag frames from one scene to another and even copy frames from other Smoovie projects, all with full undo support.
Create, copy and paste from other apps - Open up a whole new world of creative possibilities for making content for your animations. Copy and paste content from the Photos app, create titles with Keynote or turn sketches from your favourite drawing app into cartoons.
Extend the creativity - Smoovie makes it easy to export your animations to be used as content for other apps. You could write your own soundtrack in GarageBand or add some opening effects in iMovie.
Share - Export your animations to the Camera Roll on your iPad and use any of the share options available to you there, or transfer to your Mac or PC. And if you've got Apple TV, you can display your masterpieces on television with AirPlay Mirroring.
- June 27, 2012 Initial release
- September 07, 2012 New version 1.1.2
- September 22, 2012 New version 1.1.3
- November 23, 2012 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- November 28, 2012 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- March 12, 2013 Price increase: $4.99 -> $6.99
- August 10, 2013 New version 1.1.4
- September 20, 2013 New version 1.1.5
- October 09, 2013 New version 1.1.6
- November 28, 2013 Price decrease: $6.99 -> $2.99
- December 03, 2013 Price increase: $2.99 -> $6.99
- February 21, 2014 New version 1.2
- July 11, 2014 New version 1.2.1
- September 28, 2014 New version 1.3
- October 25, 2014 New version 1.3.1
- December 01, 2014 Price decrease: $6.99 -> $2.99
- December 04, 2014 Price increase: $2.99 -> $6.99
- November 28, 2015 Price decrease: $6.99 -> $3.99
- December 01, 2015 Price increase: $3.99 -> $6.99
- December 05, 2015 New version 1.4
- July 08, 2016 New version 1.5.1
- November 08, 2016 New version 1.6