Fixes a refresh bug caused by recent changes in the Facebook API.
MacWorld said about Friends Aloud, "Facebook has been striving to be all things to all people: an e-mail service, a newspaper, even a place to share videos. But it hasn't been a radio station—until now."
Friends Aloud is a personalized “News Radio” that broadcasts your friends’ news directly to you, then lets you dictate your responses, including comments and likes via automated speech recognition from Nuance (same as Siri). With Friends Aloud, you can stay connected with your friends anytime, anywhere. Using state of the art text-to-speech and speech-to-text technology, you can listen hands-free to everything your friends post in a soothing voice and then speak your replies, all while you’re driving, walking, working out, or just relaxing.
Wall Street Journal said, "If you need to be abreast of the updates that continually bombard your Facebook account, a new iPhone application has been released called Friends Aloud which might help you stay on top of all those updates, by reading the your Facebook updates out loud to you."
Appolicious said, "If keeping up with your Facebook news feed is so important to you that you do dumb things like read it while driving, Friends Aloud Lite can make your life safer while making sure you don't miss a status."
Friends Aloud features:
• Read aloud your latest Facebook news feed posts and their associated comments in a pleasant, easy-to-understand young woman’s voice
• Dictate status updates, comments, and "like" your friends' posts with Nuance-powered automatic speech recognition, complete with punctuation
• Display each post on the screen, so that you can tap around to read posts at random
• Automatically shift to reading only new posts for as long as you leave the app running
• Intuitive play, pause, and skip forward/back buttons, just like the iPod
• Continue reading aloud while in the background, just like the iPod
• Understand and read some common computer jargon such as smiley faces, texting-style abbreviations (LOL, ROTFLMAO, etc.)
• Mute posts from friends or “liked pages” that you prefer to skip
• Use standard Facebook login to connect with your friends
• Number of comments read can be limited to none, the latest 5, 10, 20, or a maximum of 50
• Read headlines of links, photo albums, and videos
• Read as far back in time as you wish by tapping “Older posts”
Why use Friends Aloud?
• Listen to your friends’ postings and dicate your responses while driving, walking, in a meeting, at work, anywhere your eyes are otherwise occupied
• Keep your eyes on the road so that you don’t get pulled over for “texting while driving” or – worse – cause an accident
• Relax your eyes by listening to, instead of reading, your friends’ news
You can try some of these great features via the free Friends Aloud Lite. It has many of the same capabilities of Friends Aloud Pro and reads aloud using the same lilting, easy-to-understand voice, but it contains advertising and is limited to reading aloud only the latest 10 news feed posts at any one time.
Join our Facebook and Twitter:
- September 16, 2011 New version 2.0
- November 02, 2011 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- November 03, 2011 New version 3.0
- December 01, 2011 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- December 07, 2011 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- April 20, 2012 New version 3.1
- April 25, 2012 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- May 06, 2012 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99