Fix import function on iPhone.
Beat Twirl is a "beat slicer" app. The app lets you analyze existing sounds and detect their rhythm with its note onset algorithms. With Beat Twirl you can work with drum loops and rhythm patterns, easily enhancing them with additional percussion sound, or create new patterns.
"...a seriously handy tool for the ios musician." - audIOSaudio.com
"you can have a ball, and make some interesting things" - smitematter.com
Beat Twirl was chosen as one of the best iOS Audio Apps by iDesignSound (http://www.idesignsound.com)
With Beat Twirl you can:
• Change the tempo (time) of drum loops without changing the pitch.
• Analyze percussion patterns and find the underlying timing.
• Mix-in additional percussion sounds, or replace the original sounds
• Export single beats from a sound file.
How to use Beat Twirl?
• You can record yourself singing or clapping a rhythm, than add percussion instruments to the rhythm you created.
• You can extract a rhythmic/percussive section from a song and convert it to a loop you can play along with at different tempos.
• Mix-in percussion instruments to a song to enhance its' rhythm.
• Extract beat samples from a song for use with a beat sequencer.
• Import audio from your ipod library, using iTunes file sharing or using audio copy/paste from supporting applications.
• Record using an external mic or the built in mic.
• Universal app. UI designed iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Supports retina displays.
• Two spectrum based note onset detection algorithms.
• Manual slicing capabilities on top of the automated algorithm.
• Mix in percussion beats from a library of 300 samples.
• Export audio as wav, caf or aac. Export using audio copy, iTunes files sharing or email.
• Audiobus input/output support.
- June 10, 2011 New version 1.5
- May 24, 2011 New version 1.4
- May 21, 2011 New version 1.3
- April 26, 2011 New version 1.2
- April 01, 2011 New version 1.1
- March 21, 2011 New version 1.0.12
- October 08, 2011 New version 2.0.0
- April 22, 2013 New version 3.0
- May 01, 2013 New version 3.0.1
- May 09, 2013 New version 3.0.2
- November 22, 2013 New version 3.1.0
- December 01, 2013 New version 3.1.1
- December 15, 2013 New version 3.1.2