What's NewIf you have an issue with the application loading, please make sure your device’s time is set automatically or to the correct time.
Free Movie Filter: Now you can easily find FREE movies by selecting the ‘Free’ filter on the Movies page.
Recently Watched On Demand Module: Can't finish a show that you're watching On Demand? Now you can pick it up right where you left off, on the go! Resume watching from your tablet, mobile phone or computer, no matter where you are.
On Demand Streaming Module: Get quick access to all of DIRECTV's newest movies and TV shows available to stream to your device in-home or on-the-go.
Usability improvements using the Accessibility Voice Over feature
Closed Captioning enhancements
Plus additional bug fixes and performance enhancements.
App DescriptionThe DIRECTV App for iPad takes your mobile entertainment experience to a whole new level. You can stream Live TV and On Demand content anywhere. Customers with GenieGO can even watch their DVR shows anywhere right from the app. A brand new feature called DIRECTV CoPilot™ lets you engage with your favorite shows and sports like never before. Plus browse the guide, get sports scores, control your TV and set your DVR from anywhere. All this and more from a single app.
Available for residential and commercial customers in the USA only, functionality varies by account type.
GenieGO device (sold separately)
- Watch thousands of your favorite movies and shows On Demand at home or on the go with HBO®, STARZ®, SHOWTIME®, Nickelodeon, HGTV, Comedy Central and more from anywhere.
- Watch top TV channels live in any room of your home and more than 30 TV channels outside your home.
- Download your recorded shows from your HD DVR with GenieGO and take them with you wherever you go or stream them instantly inside and outside your home.*
- Personalize your DIRECTV experience by customizing your home screen, add, remove and reorder as many modules as you like.
- Tap to tune to any show on your TV.
- Use the built-in remote to really control your TV experience from your iPad.
- View & delete playlist recordings and tap to play them on TV.
- Set your DVR to record your favorite shows from anywhere.
New! DIRECTV CoPilotTM lets you engage with your favorite shows and sports as you’re watching on your TV!
- Follow tweets, add comments, and participate in trivia and polls with other fans while watching popular television shows and sporting events.
- Get up-to-the-minute stats and scores for your favorite sports teams.
- Learn more about the actors, get the latest news, and much more.
- Browse and discover shows, movies and sports. Plus get program descriptions, cast & crew info, and parental ratings – without interrupting what you are watching on TV.
- Browse the Guide up to 14 days in advance, view only your favorite channels or filter by channels you can watch on your iPad.
- Track your favorite teams, view current sports matchups and scores by league, with the option to watch or record.
COMMERCIAL ACCOUNT FEATURES
- View and control multiple receivers from the home screen.
- Easily manage your receiver names directly in the app.
- View all on-going and upcoming sports games in one convenient location.
- DIRECTV customers must have a Residential Home account or Commercial account registered on DIRECTV’s website.
- Watching On Demand or select Live TV Streaming channels outside the home requires an active Wi-Fi or mobile Internet connection. Content based on current programming packages, not all content is available at this time.
- *Stream recordings from your HD DVR outside your home, requires an active Wi-Fi Internet connection and limited to one device at a time. Programming must be recorded or recording onto DIRECTV HD DVR to be streamed.
- Live TV Streaming in-home-only channels, GenieGO, CoPilot and remote control requires a Wi-Fi connection to your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models R22, Genie and HR20 or higher) connected to the same network. Remote control is also available with HD receivers (models C31, H21 and higher). All functions and programming are subject to change at any time. Blackout rules and other conditions apply to sports programming.
- Scheduling a recording requires a Wi-Fi or mobile Internet connection and a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR. Phone line or Internet connection not required for the DVR or HD DVR
- Tips, Tricks & Customer Support are available on the DIRECTV website.
August 27, 2014 New version 3.0.2
February 12, 2014 New version 2.4.5
January 29, 2014 New version 2.3.7
November 22, 2013 New version 2.2.8
October 23, 2013 New version 2.1.6
September 26, 2013 New version 2.0.15
February 28, 2011 Initial Release