- Minor enhancements.
Security Analysis can be tedious and time consuming. StockAnalyzer, the perfect tool for the Intelligent Investor, provides analysis of the financial health and historical growth of a company, and suggests both the Intrinsic price and MOS (Margin of Safety) Price of a stock.
Analyzing stocks requires determining key performance metrics as well as the right buy and sell target prices.
Performance is determined by calculating growth rates such as Return on Invested Capital (ROIC), Equity, Earnings Per Share (EPS), Sales, and Cash over the past years. A good performing stock will demonstrate consistent double-digit growth rates.
Once a stock is deemed a good performer based on its Growth Rate numbers, the next step is to calculate its Intrinsic Price (also referred to as Sticker Price , Fair Value, or True value), followed by its MOS Price (also referred to as Margin of Safety Price). Buying stocks at or below the MOS Price means paying a lot less for a stock than it is worth.
Determining Growth Rates and Intrinsic and MOS prices are lengthy and tedious and involves performing numerous calculations on a large pool of raw financial data associated with a specific stock.
StockAnalyzer makes this process easy by performing these calculations in a matter of few seconds. StockAnalyzer provides multiple Intrinsic and MOS prices per stock. This is the only app that uses future EPS for determining Intrinsic and MOS prices.
This app works with NYSE, NASDAQ, Toronto, Frankfurt, and London listed stock symbols.
*SHORT % FLOAT:
- The short percent of float is the percentage of shares that are short, in relation to the number of shares that make up a stock's float.
- A Short % of Float value of greater that 10% is considered a warning (large short interest).
- Growth Rates are used to determine the strength of a business.
- The following Growth Rates are calculated:
Free Cash Flow (FCF)
*GROWTH RATE SCORE:
- This rating system can be used for quick evaluation of the Growth Rates.
*PE Ex NET CASH:
- The “PE Ex NET CASH” is an adjusted P/E ratio calculated based on “Stock Price – Net Cash per Share”.
*YEARS TO SERVICE DEBT:
- Another factor to consider when evaluating a company is its debt and the number of years that will take to payoff that debt using its cash flow.
- "Years to Service Debt" = ("Total Long Term Debt") / ("Free Cash Flow")
- A value of greater than 3 years could be considered a warning.
- The number of years it takes to recover your investment if you were to purchase the whole business. Payback Time is used as another method for determining the margin of safety of a stock.
- Also referred to as Sticker Price, Fair Value, or True Value, is calculated from future market price in 10 years, assuming annual rate of return of 15%.
- Five intrinsic prices are calculated based on different future growth rate values (formulas are explained in the app).
- MOS Price is 50% of Intrinsic Price. This price provides a Margin of Safety over the Intrinsic Price.
*MOS PRICE SCORE:
- This rating system can be used for quick evaluation of the MOS (aka Margin of Safety) Prices.
- These technical indicators signal buy or sell momentum.
- Three indicators are used: 10-day Moving Average, MACD, and Slow Stochastic.
- Results of up to 50 analysis can be saved into a watchlist.
- Supports issues traded on the New York (NYSE & NASDAQ), Toronto, Frankfurt, and London stock exchanges.
- Analysis results can be sent to email recipients.
- August 30, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- October 06, 2013 New version 3.9
- September 16, 2013 New version 3.7
- September 08, 2013 New version 3.6
- August 10, 2013 New version 3.5
- July 24, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- July 01, 2013 New version 3.4
- August 16, 2012 New version 3.3
- July 06, 2012 New version 3.2
- June 06, 2012 New version 3.1
- March 29, 2012 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- March 18, 2012 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- March 18, 2012 New version 3.0
- February 26, 2012 New version 2.9
- February 16, 2012 New version 2.8
- February 03, 2012 New version 2.7
- January 18, 2012 New version 2.6
- January 07, 2012 New version 2.5
- December 01, 2011 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- November 29, 2011 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- November 20, 2011 New version 2.4
- October 26, 2011 New version 2.3
- October 20, 2011 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- October 20, 2011 New version 2.2
- August 05, 2011 New version 2.1