148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: TRIVIA PLEASURE :: Read Our Full Review >>
Confidence - The Game offers categories galore with this interesting trivia game.
App DescriptionConfidence - The Game is a hot new game show! Download today! The Confidence experience is unlike any other trivia game!
The basic version has limited questions--600 questions, 4 different difficulty levels, and 20+ categories per level. If you purchase additional questions from In-App Purchases, you can add up to a total of 2,600 questions.
Encouraged by a major production studio to turn Confidence into an app, Tim Hart, of Vernon Hills, IL, partnered with The App House bring the family-friendly trivia game to mobile.
Confidence: The Game is a unique new trivia quiz game designed for players of all skill levels. Play Confidence - The Game against a friend on the same device, or challenge one of eight distinct computer opponents, each with his, her, or its (yes, there’s even a robot!) personalities.
What can you expect with Confidence:
Players can challenge each other in a head-to-head match-up on the same device, or they can play one of eight different computer opponents with distinct personalities and strengths, including John "Couch QB" Cooper, Rob the Movie Nut, a robot, and other surprise characters.
"The game is designed to make the most of every player's individual knowledge," says Hart. "By ranking the categories' order of importance and playing to your own strengths, players give themselves the best chance of winning. Confidence is a unique format that can bring social, mobile gaming and television together."
Key gaming features include:
* Free download with more than 600 questions across 90 different categories.
* Upgrade to the full version via In-App Purchase, featuring 2,600 questions and more than 250 categories (you can purchase up to 3 Question Packs of 600-700 questions for $1.99, or all 3 for only $2.99)
* Players must "rank their confidence" based on how well they know certain trivia categories, assigning the highest point values to categories in which they have the most confidence.
* Each game consists of three rounds. The first two rounds have seven questions each, and third and final round, "Final Confidence," serves players a wild-card final question.
* Stay tuned for an update to version 1.1 in early May, which will introduce the a multiplayer network to allow players to face-off remotely.
* Players can select from 1 of 4 difficulty settings: Easy, Medium, Hard, and Expert level.
* Register for an upcoming promotion at www.facebook.com/ConfidenceTheGame for a chance to win prizes, including an iPad 2!
"It's in my top three [favorite trivia games] as I love the variety of the categories. Being asked questions on Sea Life and Disney() films in the same game certainly keeps you on your toes! For the price (or lack of it if you don’t buy the extra question packs), it’s hard to say no to, especially if you want a game to play with friends and family." 148Apps, 4 stars
Try it today!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, comments, or suggestions and visit us at www.facebook.com/ConfidenceTheGame.
May 16, 2011 Price Decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
April 16, 2011 Initial Release