Fixed a bug that was preventing some users from creating custom foods.
Low GI Tracker is the first and only GI *counter* with the largest food database available.
Manage your dietary glycemic index and glycemic load with this comprehensive and advanced GI Tracker. Finally, a way to look up GI and GL values for nearly 8,000 common foods, *and* record them to a daily food log!
Low GI Dieters LOVE Low GI Diet Tracker:
"A fabulous help if you are following a Low Glycaemic Index diet as it allows you to check all the foods which you buy or prepare."
"Wonderful tool. It provides me with all I need to maintain a low carbohydrate lifestyle".
"Great App!!!!! I have been recently diagnosed with prediabetes, and this app is really helping me plan menus to help me get the most from my diet..."
"I love it."
Glycemic Index is a measure of the impact of a food on your blood sugar / glucose levels. The higher the index value, the more that food raises your blood sugar. Managing the GI of the foods you eat may be an important step in maintaining a healthy diet, especially for prediabetics and people on low carb diets.
With a few taps, you can search through thousands of foods, color-coded by high-, medium-, and low-GI ratings. Next, select a serving size based on common servings (or select by weight -- grams, ounces, or pounds). This will bring up a convenient view of each food's GI, glycemic load (a measure of the impact of your selected serving on blood sugar), net carbs (total carbs minus dietary fiber), and a macronutrient breakdown pie chart.
You can quickly 'log' this food as eaten. The food log feature allows you to see the average GI of all foods (a weighted average based on amount consumed), the total glycemic load of all the foods, total net carbs, total calories, and a macronutrient breakdown. Plus, quickly review the GI of each meal, plus see a sum total of the each meal's average GI and total GL.
- "No frustrations" design. It works like it should.
- Search nearly 8,000 common foods for Glycemic Index and Glycemic Load values. This database is twice the size of other apps' databases.
- Graph your glycemic index averages and total glycemic load and net carbs.
- Pick from many common serving sizes, or select your own based on weight.
- See GI, GL, net carbs, and a macronutrient breakdown for each food.
- Create your own custom foods and enter their GI and GL values.
- Create a favorites list to easily access your commonly eaten foods.
- Log foods to a handy daily food log.
- View average GI for the day, total GL, net carbs, calories, macronutrients, plus GI and GL for each meal.
All of the data in this app are from the U.S. National Institute of Health / National Cancer Institute glycemic index database.
This app contains general information about nutrition. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such. Glycemic response is measured under experimental conditions, and an individual's glycemic response can vary from the experimental findings.
You must not rely on the information in this app as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. If you have any specific questions about any medical matter you should consult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. Always consult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider before changing your diet.
- October 28, 2011 New version 1.05
- December 01, 2011 New version 2.0
- December 07, 2011 New version 2.0.1
- December 11, 2011 New version 2.0.2
- December 15, 2011 New version 2.0.3
- December 22, 2011 New version 2.0.4
- January 01, 2013 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- January 08, 2013 New version 2.0.5
- January 19, 2013 New version 2.0.6
- January 25, 2013 New version 2.0.7
- October 06, 2013 New version 2.0.8
- December 24, 2013 New version 2.0.9
- January 16, 2014 New version 2.0.10
- September 12, 2014 New version 2.1.0
- October 11, 2014 New version 2.1.1