What's New- Beat-synced global snapshot morphing
- UI improvements
- Improved rack support (requires Live 8.2.2)
- Various bugfixes
App DescriptionKapture Pad allows you to take snapshots of your Ableton Live set and recall them at will. Add powerful sound-morphing capabilities to Live.
What is Kapture Pad?
Kapture Pad is an app for iPhone/iPad to control Ableton Live. It builds on the success of specialised software originally created for Richie Hawtin's Plastikman Live show. It offers a clean and easy to use iPhone/iPad interface to manage and perform with snapshots.
Two types of snapshots are available: Global Snapshots and Track Snapshots.
- Global Snapshots store mixer and device parameters for all tracks and all devices (yes, even VSTs and Audio Units).
- Track Snapshots allow morphing between four snapshots on a track using the Morph Pad – an incredible new way to perform electronic music with Live.
Both types of snapshots offer filtering so that you can choose exactly which devices or tracks you want Kapture to control.
What can you do with Kapture Pad?
Kapture and trigger snapshots on the fly during performance, or prepare your snapshots in advance. Kapture Pad can be used in many different ways, here are just a few:
- Be more daring: First, Kapture a great loop. Then, feel free to push the envelope and really let loose with those effects. Now, one tap is all it takes to jump right back to that perfect groove!
- Performance and sound design: Get acquainted with morphing. Never before has this been possible in Ableton Live. Kapture four wildly different sounds and discover new sounds by smoothly morphing between them.
- Set the stage for each song: People often wonder how to manage many songs with different mix, instrument and effect settings in one Live set. Kapture Pad is the answer.
- DJ-style XY pad: Wondering how to raise the bar with your DJ performances? Morph effect snapshots and create your own signature sonic weapons.
- Timed chaos: trigger snapshots with clips in Live. Combine these with follow actions and you can create fantastic changes synced to the beat.
- Morph Global Snapshots on the beat with the Global Snapshot morphing slider. Choose a beat value from as litte as 1/2 beat to as much as 64 beats and create magical moments.
Kapture Pad is the second collaboration with Stu Fisher, creator of LiveControl.
OS X (10.4 or later). Intel architecture only, no Power PC support.
Windows XP (SP3 recommended), Windows Vista or Windows 7.
Latest version of Live 8 (Live 8.1.4 required, 8.2.5 recommended)
To use Kapture Pad you also need to install software on your computer hosting Ableton Live.
You will need to connect to this computer via Wi-Fi. This will involve correctly configuring an appropriate wireless network.
Please visit http://liine.net/griid/en/support/kapture_pad to download files and carefully follow the step by step instructions.
September 02, 2011 New version 1.2.3
March 15, 2011 Initial Release