What's NewThis version corrects various mapping issues identified by our users relating to the way pins were displaying on the app's offline city centre map.
App DescriptionMake the most of your time in this exciting city.
With all the key sights, hotels, restaurants, shops and bars you need to make the most of your destination, this Rough Guides app has it all.
Thorough and easy-to-use GPS mapping for the city centre will ensure you never get lost (or incur any data-roaming charges) as all the main sights are geo-coded on maps contained entirely within the app. Plus, the indecisive traveller can activate the “Lucky Dip” feature, which will suggest ideas for something cool to do based on your choice of activity!
Perfect for pre-trip planning, the app lets you bookmark your favourites to build an itinerary. It’s also ideal for exploring on the go, with suggestions for all tastes and budgets. This app will help you experience the city like a local, with all the must-see sights as well as experiences off the beaten track.
* Available for iPhone and iPod touch
* EXPLORE every corner of your destination with a complete city-centre map and links to view the iPhone’s built-in Maps app*
* FIND what you want when you are out and about with GPS coordinates for all sights, hotels, restaurants and shops
* CHOOSE where to go with a 'lucky dip' feature that presents the indecisive user with expert suggestions of things to do
* CREATE a list of your favourite points of interest so that they are easy to navigate back to at a later date
* SHARE specific points of interest via e-mail
* VIEW all the images within the app in one place with a gallery feature
*A Wi-Fi-only device, such as an iPod touch, will need to be connected to a wireless Wi-Fi network to be able to determine your current location. All iPhone models, however, are GPS-enabled, and should be able to determine your position at any time, even when Data Roaming is disabled.
"Ideal for pre-trip or on-the-go planning, these easy-to-use apps come with recommended sights, bars and restaurants in popular cities" – National Geographic Traveller
December 21, 2012 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
January 11, 2012 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
December 16, 2011 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
May 12, 2011 New version 1.0.2
April 11, 2011 Initial Release