148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: COMPREHENSIVE MOCKUPS :: Read Our Full Review >>
Creating an effective mock up of an app design can be difficult work; AppCooker makes it much easier and more enjoyable. It should do wonders for developers' efficiency levels.
What's NewWARNING: Do not update if you are running Beta of iOS7.
- iPhone 5 support. Use the 4" screens to design in portrait and landscape
- AppCooker has been translated into 7 new languages: Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Russian
- Introducing Notepad, a simple way to keep track of things inside AppCooker
- Supporting Notes. Now you can add notes on any screen to share context with clients and coworkers
- New support with User Voice. Easier, faster, better
- New welcome interface
- New new project, the icon is not used anymore
- New highlight cursor in preview mode. Now it's blue, and clearer
- Link to the online video tutorials available from the home screen
- Typos here and there, thanks for your feedback
- Fixing all keyboard management
- Bigger zoom available
- Get in a screen, copy some stuff, go out in a snap. No more saving when nothing has been changed
- Allow the user to rename a screen directly from the reorder menu
- Improved Play button
- Button in iPad play mode to simulate iPad mini size
- Number of iOS devices updated with latest figures
- Exporting Pricing as PDF in an email is working now
App Icon tool
- Mark as default Icon is now available
- Add notes to any screen
- Improving performances
- Improved UNDO and REDO
- Updated Picto library, it's now pixel perfect and available for you in a pack on www.appcooker.com
- Fixed an issue with images inside button
- Fixed bug with image import from Box
- Fixed a bug when copy/paste an image from Safari
- Fixed an issue with the back button on navigation bars
- Fixed the Table View crash in iOS 5
- Fixed a bug with Modal View in wireframe
- Fixed a bug with Button wireframe border
- Fixing a bug with tint bars color
- Fixed bug on ActionSheet and NavigationBar
- Fixed the bug that could messed up the z index when multiple objects are copied / pasted
- Fixed a potential crash in image picker
- Fixed a bug on Simple Line Text and Text Area + Auto-Resize Button
- Fixed a bug when pasting images that aren't available
- Fix a lot of bugs on colors undo system
- Fixed a bug with the height of a row in Table Views.
- Fixed, the Slider and Progress View in wireframe were broken
- Fixed a bug with the back button
- Fixed a bug with changing Smart Back to Normal Link
- Export the map screen as a PDF (yes, we did it)
- Now there is a thin and light stroke around the screens in the PDF
- Allow icon, store info and pricing parts to be unselected from AppTaster export
- Overwrite in Dropbox works perfectly now
- Export button don't disappear on Box and Dropbox anymore
- Fixed a bug when exporting to Dropbox two times in a row
App DescriptionMockup + wireframe iPhone & iPad Apps. Share clickable prototypes.
THE (TRUE) STORY OF APPCOOKER â€” At the crossroads between creation and technology, AppCooker makes a synthesis between those two worlds often kept apart, thus delivering a complete, mobile and accessible solution. The goal: to be able to test an idea for a mobile application in all of its aspects â€” concept, graphic design, interactive mockup, business plan â€”, quickly and without coding. AppCooker celebrated its first anniversary on May 31, 2012.
- An app born out of a void -
A few years ago, the founders of AppCooker decided to create an iPhone game. The graphic designer made graphic mockups, which the software developer translated to code. However, very soon they were confronted with what was coming next: marketing their app meant a heap of tasks to fulfill, which they werenâ€™t prepared for. They started looking for a dedicated solution to their issues. Finding none, they decided to create it themselves...
- A bet on the future -
AppCooker was born from the idea that single task oriented software â€” i.e. word-processing, spreadsheet or design programs â€” is bound to step aside in favor of multitask programs, more efficient and better adapted to the objectives of specialized users, whose projects are binding in terms of time, money, marketing strategies.
- The user at the heart -
While gathering all the actions necessary to conceive mobile apps in one single place, the designers kept in mind every experience theyâ€™d had as users, in order to correct them. Everything they hadnâ€™t been able to do whilst passing from one program to another would be possible, all the wasted time would be spared! Today, the users â€” who amount up to thousands â€” are still those who contribute to improving AppCooker through its updates, thanks to their suggestions and constructive feedback.
- Impressive results without coding -
AppCookerâ€™s mockup editor gathers all major graphic design tools: vector shapes, text, bitmap drawing, icon library, images, and all of the UI elements for iPhone and iPad (bars, buttons, objects, etc.). Screens can be linked together with the usual mobile apps linking tools. All of these features allow professionals as well as eager amateurs to end up with an interactive mockup that is visually very close to the final application, in little time and without having to type a single line of code.
- Luxury lies in anticipation -
While the mockup editor is AppCookerâ€™s star, the other fields aiming at refining the original idea, the icon, the business plan and the presence on the App store are not anecdotal. They are easier to use than mainstream programs (i.e. Word or Excel) because they are made especially for the creation of mobile applications: they integrate all of its peculiar constraints. The objective being that, with a global vision of the project, the user has the means never to be taken by surprise.
- Communicate to improve -
AppCooker stands on an iterative and flexible approach of creation: communicating, starting again until the best result possible is reached. In this regard, the free application AppTaster on iPad and iPhone makes sharing and testing AppCookerâ€™s clickable prototypes possible from a distance. Screens can also be exported at any time in Jpeg and PDF, and files shared via Dropbox or Box.
DELICIOUS KEY FEATURES
- Full-functioned mockup editor with all the iOS UI widgets
- Bitmap drawing, vector shapes and text tool
- Solid colors, gradients, strokes and shadows
- Images with crop and replacement
- Overall screen view with connections
- Portrait & landscape editions plus live preview
- Links supporting various type of inputs and transitions
- Export backups, playable mockups (AppTaster), Jpeg, PNG and PDF
- Dropbox and Box supported cloud services.
- App icon editor
- App idea planner
- Store info section
- App pricing tool
October 27, 2013 Price Decrease: $49.99 -> $9.99
October 11, 2013 New version 2.1
September 26, 2013 New version 2.0.1
July 17, 2013 New version 1.5
June 01, 2013 Price Decrease: $39.99 -> $19.99
May 30, 2011 Initial Release