• Better Support for iPhone 6, 6 Plus Screen Sizes
* Featured as a Best New App on iTunes (November 2014, October 2013)
* Featured on the TODAY Show (NBC)
* Selected for inclusion in App Store Rewind 2011
* Nominated for the 2011 and 2013 Design and Technology Awards (DATA Awards)
The Visual Weather Report
Get your “look" on from the troubadours of style at Swackett — essential weather-pairing technology for style-challenged men — and a superb clothing ensemble idea generator for fashion-savvy ladies. It’s free and it’s fun!
With Swackett you'll know if you need a sweater, jacket or coat today — or tonight. You’ll know if you'll want to have an umbrella handy today — or if weather conditions are just right for your dog to enjoy a walk with you. All of this information is available with a casual glance at Swackett’s visual weather report.
Swackett® is deep weather tech. All Swackett apps feature AccuWeather radar imagery (where available), National Weather Service watches and warnings sent via push notification, 5-day forecasts, lifestyle indices, weather history and more.
Millions of people have downloaded Swackett apps. We use crowdsourcing to cultivate fashion choices for our avatars — and host a thriving community at swackett.com. Upload your style ideas and win free cool stuff every day.
Swackett — a fun new way to look at the weather — and a perfect weather-pairing every time.
Under the Hood
Swackett apps convert complex weather data to easily-understood, visual weather reports designed for people of every age. Our unique approach is to combine raw weather data (current conditions, radar, and detailed forecasts) with thoughtfully crafted people symbols (called “peeps”) who always appear appropriately dressed for the weather.
If it happens to be cold outside, Swackett peeps appear dressed in winter hats, coats and boots. A hot, sunny day? Swackett peeps appear wearing shorts and sunglasses — and they even remember to bring along drinking water and sunblock. Rain? Swackett peeps appear with rain jackets and an umbrella.
This is a fun, fresh and truly useful weather report experience for people of any age.
Comprehensive Weather Details
• Temperature and “real feel” temperature
• Dew point
• Wind speed and directions
• Sunrise and sunset
• Precipitation amounts for rain, ice and snow
• Percent probability of precipitation
• Swackett Editions to keep forecasts fresh and fun
• Seamless multi-platform location synchronization (Mac, iPhone, iPad, Web).
• More social sharing opportunities than ever before!
Swackett is the simplest, most easy to understand, most accurate weather forecast available. Swackett’s Visual Weather Report is enjoyed by design-savvy professionals of every discipline, educators, students, the very young (and very old) and just about everyone in between.
Swackett is available for free (supported via mobile ads).
- December 15, 2011 New version 1.1
- February 25, 2012 New version 1.2
- April 21, 2012 New version 1.2.1
- June 27, 2012 New version 1.3
- August 16, 2012 New version 1.3.1
- October 30, 2012 New version 1.3.2
- January 24, 2013 New version 1.3.3
- May 15, 2013 New version 1.3.4
- June 23, 2013 New version 1.3.5
- October 15, 2013 New version 2.0.2
- October 29, 2013 New version 2.0.3
- November 19, 2013 New version 2.1
- December 01, 2013 New version 2.1.1
- May 22, 2014 New version 2.1.2
- November 09, 2014 New version 2.1.4
- December 13, 2014 New version 2.1.6
- January 08, 2015 New version 2.1.8
- February 13, 2015 New version 2.2
- June 29, 2015 New version 2.3
- August 06, 2015 New version 3.0.9
- February 02, 2016 New version 3.1.0