• Added support for iOS 8 Today Widget
* Featured as a Best New App on iTunes (October 2013)
* As seen on the TODAY Show (NBC)
* Swackett for iPhone selected for inclusion in App Store Rewind 2011
* Swackett was nominated for the 2011 and 2013 Design and Technology Awards (DATA Awards)
The Visual Weather Report
Swackett is a fun new way to look at the weather. We convert complex weather data to easily-understood, visual weather reports designed for people of every age. Our unique approach is to combine raw weather data (current conditions, radar, and detailed forecasts) with thoughtfully crafted people symbols (called “peeps”) who always appear appropriately dressed for the weather.
If it happens to be cold outside, Swackett peeps appear dressed in winter hats, coats and boots. A hot, sunny day? Swackett peeps appear wearing shorts and sunglasses — and they even remember to bring along drinking water and sunblock. Rain? Swackett peeps appear with rain jackets and an umbrella.
This is a fun, fresh and truly useful weather report experience for people of any age.
Edge-to-edge weather visuals. Full 720 HD weather video and animations. Stunning image depth and clarity. All the weather information you could ever want on a minimalistic, ever expanding 3 x 4 grid.
The Grid: Weather
• Basic Forecast for current conditions, today, tonight and tomorrow. Weather watches and warnings (where available).
• Timelines: Weather forecast details for the next 24 hours, and for the next 5 days.
• Imagery: Full motion satellite and reflective radar imagery from AccuWeather: Local, regional, state and national full-motion radar images (where available) with rain, ice and snow color mapping.
The Grid: Fashion (The Visual Forecast)
• Bigger, brighter, higher definition People Symbols (peeps) who always appear stylishly dressed for current weather conditions.
• By popular request, you can now specify the sex of the peeps you see (or keep it random).
The Grid: Fun
• Mashup games, brain teasers and fun facts are now built directly into the Swackett app.
The Grid: Insights
• New Lifestyle and Heath Indices: From fitness, to lawn maintenance, to walking your dog — Swackett's new weather indices let you know which activities are best suited for the weather.
• This Day in Weather History is now built into Swackett app, featuring gorgeous high-resolution photography.
Comprehensive Weather Details
• Temperature and “real feel” temperature
• Dew point
• Wind speed and directions
• Sunrise and sunset
• Precipitation amounts for rain, ice and snow
• Percent probability of precipitation
• Swackett Editions to keep forecasts fresh and fun
• Seamless multi-platform location synchronization (Mac, iPhone, iPad, Web).
• More social sharing opportunities than ever before!
Swackett is the simplest, most easy to understand, most accurate weather forecast available. Swackett’s Visual Weather Report is enjoyed by design-savvy professionals of every discipline, educators, students, the very young (and very old) and just about everyone in between.
Swackett is available for free (supported via mobile ads).
- February 13, 2015 New version 2.2
- January 08, 2015 New version 2.1.8
- December 13, 2014 New version 2.1.6
- November 09, 2014 New version 2.1.4
- May 22, 2014 New version 2.1.2
- December 01, 2013 New version 2.1.1
- November 19, 2013 New version 2.1
- October 29, 2013 New version 2.0.3
- October 15, 2013 New version 2.0.2
- June 23, 2013 New version 1.3.5
- May 15, 2013 New version 1.3.4
- January 24, 2013 New version 1.3.3
- October 30, 2012 New version 1.3.2
- August 16, 2012 New version 1.3.1
- June 27, 2012 New version 1.3
- April 21, 2012 New version 1.2.1
- February 25, 2012 New version 1.2
- December 15, 2011 New version 1.1