148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: OVERPRICED :: Read Our Full Review >>
Well-designed? Sure. Usefulness? Umm...
What's New· Fixed Twitter sharing
App DescriptionAnimate your life.
A New & Noteworthy app, Giffer was designed from the ground up for making rad animated GIFs quickly and easily, whenever you want and wherever you go.
The best part about Giffer is its powerful simplicity. Advanced features are there when you need them, yet unobtrusive enough to let you create a simple GIF in just a few taps.
Create virtually any kind of GIF: cinemagraphs, jitter or wiggle GIFs, stop motion, time lapse, endless looping GIFs, reverse GIFs, text overlay GIFs, reaction GIFs, cat GIFs, dog GIFs, you name it. Of course you can easily share them to tumblr, twitter, facebook, email, or iMessage/SMS.
· Over 25 awesome filters
· Cinemagraph mode with optional stabilization
· Precise individual frame positioning
· Frame duplication and start/end trimming
· Text overlays including several fonts
· Adjustable self-timer
· Adjustable burst capture
· Adjustable onion skin
· Single frame capture
· Add photos from your camera roll
· Add video clips from your camera roll
· Copy/paste photos from Safari or other apps
· Unlimited free giffer.co uploads
· Share to multiple social media networks simultaneously
· Multiple tumblr blogs
· Multiple twitter accounts
· Save GIFs to the camera roll
· Save frames to the camera roll (non-burst ones)
· View featured GIFs made by other Giffer users
Note: Instagram does not support animated GIFs, so Giffer does not support sharing to Instagram at this time.
· Your very own GIF library (with folders!)
· Import and share any GIF from the web
· Copy/paste GIFs into your library
· Optimized for the iPhone 5
· Forward, reverse, single play forward, single play reverse, and back and forth (yo-yo) loop modes
· Adjustable animation speed
· Streamlined, intuitive UI
Giffer makes real GIFs, not lame video knockoffs pretending to be GIFs. Animated GIFs rule because you don't need to download any special plugins to view them. You can paste them directly into iMessage/SMS messages or post 'em to your blog just like a regular photo, without any cross-browser worries or extra effort.
More features are on the way. Got a killer feature you'd like to see? Tap "request a feature" from the settings menu.
If you have any feedback I'd love to hear it. Tap "get help" from the settings menu or email email@example.com.
Giffer requires iOS 5.0 and up.
"Giffer" and "animate your life" are trademarks of Taber Buhl.
January 18, 2014 New version 2.9
November 29, 2013 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
November 13, 2013 New version 2.6
September 26, 2013 New version 2.5
September 19, 2012 New version 2.1
February 02, 2011 Initial Release